Archived Resistance is futile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thanks break room team.

I brought the idea of placing the C&S pallets on flats rather than breaking them down to tubs for push.

My flow ETL said "oh ya, thats the way we did it at my other store" (gee thanks for sharing that earlier).

My CTL really liked the idea and said to implement it today. I was also asked to tell the team members that usually break it down they could put that "break down" time into pushing milk and eggs instead. That did not go over very well. Some people just do not like the idea of change or being told that they will be doing a different task especially by a fellow team member. They agreed to do it but as soon as I walked away they ran to the CTL. Nothing like wasting time walking across the store when they could have used the walkie for confirmation. Of course the CTL told them that we were going to try this out. Resistance is futile

Well needless to say it went over very well. Now those 6 hours (that were coming from market) that were being used to break down will go back to a market team member for afternoon, evening coverage or maybe (hopefully) back to me the PA.

Sounds about right. New ideas that impact teams of people (more than two or three people) go over that way at my store too.

My store just pulls our FDC pallets to the coolers and back out to the floor to push later. But we're not particularly strict about pallets on the floor since soon we'll soon be on the 7am process.

Just follow FDC unload Best Practice, mysupport issues and basically CYA. At my store, FDC arrives as general merch is being unloaded or shortly after.

Pallet breakdown happens in temp zones prior to being worked to floor. Keep an eye on backstock. I'd only get assigned two TMs to push produce, dairy, meat and freezer. With freezer being done last and by only two TMs with me jumping in when I can, backstocked in 3 hrs doesn't happen.

Partner with your flow TL on heavy days and get him to have flow swarm the freezer unload.

We are doing market blitz. When it is called Sales floor, Plano, and pricing teams come over and it all gets pushed.

It's the time between receiving and push and after push that we have "opportunities". Getting BR to receive, temp and unload before and getting them to bcode and backstock after is well an opportunity. Hours were/are being used from market to do a good portion of it. I am hoping that this simple change of placing pallets on flats will help save those market hours for use as sales floor market TMs.

We are doing market blitz. When it is called Sales floor, Plano, and pricing teams come over and it all gets pushed.

It's the time between receiving and push and after push that we have "opportunities". Getting BR to receive, temp and unload before and getting them to bcode and backstock after is well an opportunity. Hours were/are being used from market to do a good portion of it. I am hoping that this simple change of placing pallets on flats will help save those market hours for use as sales floor market TMs.

Cross training the dedicated Flow TMs that are already trained to FIFO, bcode as they go and separating meat by temp -- to backstock freezer after the unload process is an idea I'm considering pitching. That is if they only swarm on heavy days and BR can't get freezer backstocked. It's irritating to have over two trucks worth of freezer just sitting in 3 tiers.

Also, hours for unload should be coming from flow work center since FDC unload is flow's responsibility. If they're coming from market, then you need to partner with your CTL, ETL over your area, or ETL-HR/STL if latter doesn't work.

Consider yourself lucky to have SF Market TMs. At my store, the PAs are expected to zone all dry, temp zones and do our routines. I'd kill to have a dedicated market TM to zone dry/provide coverage on floor when I need to go in back. Tough luck guests, sorry I can't help you find the Mac and cheese. I gotta make sure the storage environments are safe so you don't get sick from eating the food you purchased!

Consider yourself lucky to have SF Market TMs. At my store, the PAs are expected to zone all dry, temp zones and do our routines. I'd kill to have a dedicated market TM to zone dry/provide coverage on floor when I need to go in back. Tough luck guests, sorry I can't help you find the Mac and cheese. I gotta make sure the storage environments are safe so you don't get sick from eating the food you purchased!

When I am on I am alone in market. I am expected to do just what your store expects. The TMs were under Markets hours but not doing market tasks. they were/are breaking down C&S pallets with those hours. Now if this idea works those hours can go to actual TMs to work Market tasks. As of now we have a gap of no coverage for a few hours between me leaving and a TM coming in to work Market. They hit pFresh for an hour and then it's off to do other stuff and its not always in the market area.

When I am on I am alone in market. I am expected to do just what your store expects. The TMs were under Markets hours but not doing market tasks. they were/are breaking down C&S pallets with those hours. Now if this idea works those hours can go to actual TMs to work Market tasks. As of now we have a gap of no coverage for a few hours between me leaving and a TM coming in to work Market. They hit pFresh for an hour and then it's off to do other stuff and its not always in the market area.

Two PAs at my store, I'm the primary and my other PA handles dayside when I'm off / flip rotation. One CTL who doesn't really open / run pfresh. She's the backup to execute orders. We picked a few reliable TMs and put them through food safety certification to run pfresh when PA isn't there. Only difference is that we're responsible for ordering and handling / my supporting issues as they come up, know how to do everything in store and can adapt at a moment's notice. On order days, my PA comes in 15 mins before I leave -- allows us to communicate the events of day, issues that came up; feedback on ordering, etc.

On non ordering days and weekends,, the TMs we picked and have been trained will be an acting PA. They're basically on deck to step into a PA role should one of us leave, get promoted or die.

But I digress -- expecting us to zone 46 aisles of Consumeables, execute our daily routines, push dry, pro, meat, frozen, bake and dairy -- then order on order days? Within a 7 hour period and take our breaks according to breakout?

I'm no superman.

Determinism, we had (background to follow) a TM trained in pushing pFresh like I was prior to going into the position. This TM Is not trained in ordering. This TM had zero interest in taking on the PA position when it opened. I went for it because I liked the idea of a focused area. It was not for the raise because when the position opened I was told it did not come with a raise. Once this other TM found out I got a raise because of going into the position they "forgot" how to do pFresh tasks and push and now TM said they no longer want to be scheduled in the area because they think they should get the raise if they work in the area. We trained another TM but other TM got in new TMs ear about the PA getting a higher pay rate and continues to try to discourage new TMs from doing the tasks. Frustrating. It's just hours right now that are short. Did I say frustrating?

Two PAs at my store, I'm the primary and my other PA handles dayside when I'm off / flip rotation. One CTL who doesn't really open / run pfresh. She's the backup to execute orders. We picked a few reliable TMs and put them through food safety certification to run pfresh when PA isn't there. Only difference is that we're responsible for ordering and handling / my supporting issues as they come up, know how to do everything in store and can adapt at a moment's notice. On order days, my PA comes in 15 mins before I leave -- allows us to communicate the events of day, issues that came up; feedback on ordering, etc.

On non ordering days and weekends,, the TMs we picked and have been trained will be an acting PA. They're basically on deck to step into a PA role should one of us leave, get promoted or die.

But I digress -- expecting us to zone 46 aisles of Consumeables, execute our daily routines, push dry, pro, meat, frozen, bake and dairy -- then order on order days? Within a 7 hour period and take our breaks according to breakout?

I'm no superman.

Wait you have to zone on your opening shift? The last 2 months closing market was 4-8, opening was 8-4 and they expected the zone to get done, along with the push and other routines for closing :crazy:

Thankfully they changed it back to 6am-9pm coverage. For opening I come in do the 5 pushes (frozen, dairy, meat, and both produce), do the SDA, Do culling and qmos, huddle, break, research in which I cant have ANYTHING in an actual batch. If we have it in the back I have to manually pull it because it brings our score down if we use Stand Alone Research and its not a true out. Then there is pushing out milk and taking short dates to starbucks, the SALES walk, zoning up pfresh and then Lunch. Then there are the orders or C+S comes in around 12 and needs to be put away in the respective cooler.

Then theres the other little things like LODs pushing reshop on us, having to set planograms (I did a front wine endcap yesterday and a cereal endcap that didnt get done for ad rotation today O_O. And other stuff that you guys know all too much about haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back