Archived Retail Therapy for 400 Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

buliSBI

Former Team Member
Did anyone see the Jeopardy episode with the "Retail Therapy" category?

I wonder how much Target paid for that spot.

Too much probably. We waste so much money on advertising it's ridiculous. You think if we cut the amount of commercials in half, that business would suffer? I mean really come on.

Last edited:
In one of the articles I read about the layoffs, it said sales were up, but profits weren't. That's gotta be because they spent more this year on marketing and such.

I laughed when i saw it. Then again, it's possible they could've taped the episode before all hell broke loose. I don't know how far the tape in advance.

I laughed when i saw it. Then again, it's possible they could've taped the episode before all hell broke loose. I don't know how far the tape in advance.

I believe it's about a 1.5-2 months in advanced, so probably right before shit hit the fan.

Too much probably. We waste so much money on advertising it's ridiculous. You think if we cut the amount of commercials in half, that business would suffer? I mean really come on.

I wouldn't hate the commercials so much if they were actually funny and/or useful. The commercials Target always runs are stupid.

My brother was actually on it last year. He taped his April 2013 show in November 2012, so that was definitely before all this hub bub.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, he got second place.

So he won a trip? I mean doesn't the 2nd place winner get a trip of some sort or am I thinking of a different game show? I know on Wheel of Fortune, you are guaranteed to win 1000 dollars.

In one of the articles I read about the layoffs, it said sales were up, but profits weren't. That's gotta be because they spent more this year on marketing and such.

I am almost 100% certain that sales are down across the board.

The answer was something along this line:

This 2nd largest retail company is known for its Red Card.

I am almost 100% certain that sales are down across the board.

Ok, slight misread. It was for a 9-month period PRIOR to the breach announcement that sales were up a tiny bit... but actual profits were down a ton. I have 0 doubt that sales are down now, because that just makes sense.
The company’s nine-month profit through Nov. 2 was 29 percent lower than a year earlier despite a 3 percent jump in sales. Following the data breach, Target lowered its outlook for fourth-quarter comparable-store sales to a decline of 2.5 percent, after previously saying it expected no change.

source.

Last edited by a moderator:
So he won a trip? I mean doesn't the 2nd place winner get a trip of some sort or am I thinking of a different game show? I know on Wheel of Fortune, you are guaranteed to win 1000 dollars.

He got second, which gives him $2000 (from Aleve!) Third place gets $1000 (from Aleve!) Jeopardy doesn't actually pay for the trip/hotel to California, so, minus that, he still came out ahead about $1000

The answer was something along this line:

This 2nd largest retail company is known for its Red Card.

Wait, what? That doesn't make any sense. Spot is number three (soon actually to be number four)..when did Kroger get a REDCard?

Source: http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/12/31/5-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-target.aspx
I was going off the top of my head from what I remembered of the Jeopardy answer.

But then again, Kroger is technically just a grocery retailer.

I've seen Target advertisements twice so far at the Grammys, one for the store itself and one for Justin Timberlake.

I feel like there was one every other commercial break at one point. All the ones with the red microphone got busted out again for the grammys

How much did Target pay to advertise during the Grammy's ????

Shakira started off the night.... [video=youtube;tTaWiOwXdwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTaWiOwXdwE[/video]

not sure of the others or the order but here are a few more that air'd on Grammy (Targets biggest adversitment) Night.

The Band Perry... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfAlK_uU3bU

Justin Timberlake ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjVx_oZ4sY4

so, three to my count.

Now how many commercials will Target air during the Super bowl ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back