Archived Return scan for Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here on thursday of this week im going to be trained in how to do what its called "Return scan" as an electronics tember does anyone know exactly what i'm going to be doing. From what iv been told its scanning dvds and all that stuff to be sent back to the distribution center, which doesn't really tell me much. So any tips or advice on how this process goes about.

Thats really all it entails, you and probably 2-3 other TMs will all be in the electronics stock room, you will scan each waco (I always scan even the ones that look empty just to make sure theres nothing in them especially up top) the PDA will prompt you to either scan the items in the waco or move on to the next one, when it prompts you to scan the waco you will scan every item in it, it will prompt when you have scanned an item that is listed to be returned saying to put 1 in the RTM box, at this point you can enter the quantity that is in the waco and it usualy will update to say to put x in the RTM box with x being the quantity you put, however it can ask for a smaller number that what you input. once you have put that item in the box, keep scanning every item in that waco until everything has been scanned

Thats really all it entails, you and probably 2-3 other TMs will all be in the electronics stock room, you will scan each waco (I always scan even the ones that look empty just to make sure theres nothing in them especially up top) the PDA will prompt you to either scan the items in the waco or move on to the next one, when it prompts you to scan the waco you will scan every item in it, it will prompt when you have scanned an item that is listed to be returned saying to put 1 in the RTM box, at this point you can enter the quantity that is in the waco and it usualy will update to say to put x in the RTM box with x being the quantity you put, however it can ask for a smaller number that what you input. once you have put that item in the box, keep scanning every item in that waco until everything has been scanned

Great summary of what it is. You may also do some scans on the salesfloor, it just depends. It's not bad, especially if you have people you get along with working with you. The one time I did it, I really enjoyed it.

What happens if you find an item that was supposed to be returned after the scan is finished and the items are sent out? Like, say, it was sitting in a bin of re-shop or it was hiding in another department. Will it show as NOP or NOF in the PDA or will it tell you that it needs to be sent back?

What happens if you find an item that was supposed to be returned after the scan is finished and the items are sent out? Like, say, it was sitting in a bin of re-shop or it was hiding in another department. Will it show as NOP or NOF in the PDA or will it tell you that it needs to be sent back?
Probably just be backstocked and pulled in the next scan. And more than likely it will show up simply as NOP, but MIRs are mainly for books and video games so there won't be a process to send it back until the next scan.

Be very, very precise when you scan. Do not lose track of which waco location you scanned as you will be updating the location. Sloppy return processes can really screw up the location accuracy of the stockroom, and this is even more frustrating when its near Christmas and the stockroom is packed to the gills with product.

I think it's a double beep for stuff to pull but also one that says this one not needed. So if you just have one of the item, don't just put it in the box. I could be wrong on this. Only did it once.

FYI, If your Bluray Discs are backstocked in the plastic keepers, they must be removed before they are sent back. Typically we send back a ton of blurays, so it is extremely time consuming to remove them from the cases. Also before you start scanning the wacos, there are several labels (forget what they are called) somewhere in the E&E stockroom that you must scan prior to starting the return scan. I forgot this once and it caused a big problem. It somehow activates the locations for scanning. It's been awhile since I've participated in the return scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back