reviews

Does anyone have any information to share ?
what is the rating system ?
are there any written comments ?
when happening ?
has anyone been given theirs yet ?
comments about scores ?

Reviews are usually given around late April, early May. A few years ago the review system changed so there are no comments anymore. The leader just fills out some multiple choice questions about the team member. The scores are Improved Outcomes Needed, Delivered Important Outcomes, and Delivered Exceptional Outcomes.

My reviews are always worded so generically that you would had no idea what my job is or my department.

I wonder if they give small raises again whether that will cause more turnover.

I think a lot of TMs might quit and go into non-retail jobs like those in the restaurant industry.

From Washington Post

Restaurants can’t find workers because they’ve found better jobs

Nearly 2 million hospitality and leisure jobs remain unfilled in what economists call a ‘deep, profound’ shift in the labor market

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how things play out, for sure. Instead of raising the minimum again across the board, they've settled more on location-based increases. We saw that this past year with many locations going well above $15 and TMs at those locations receiving a 2% increase with 2 or more years of service. This is likely how they plan on saving money, by raising the minimum in areas where they feel they have to but keeping it the same in areas they don't. I wouldn't be surprised if increases are kept the same as they were from last year (capped at 4% for DEO rather than the 5% we saw prior to COVID), or even lowered (1.5% for DIO and 3% for DEO) due to the location-based increases we already saw and ION bringing no increase this round of reviews.

Honestly, I don't think they see turnover being that big of an issue among rank-and-file TMs. The location-based increases seem less about tackling turnover and more about applicant flow. It's TLs and above where they care about retention, which is beyond obvious given the changes they've made for PG45: larger increase than TMs (capped at 6%), guaranteed annual bonuses, and a larger gap between PG35 and PG45 in most areas (as much as $7, from what I've read).

Does anyone have any information to share ?
what is the rating system ?
are there any written comments ?
when happening ?
has anyone been given theirs yet ?
comments about scores ?
You don't want to work here. This place is even worse than OfficeMax, and Gamestop (which is known to be joke of a stores in my area). TRUST ME when I say that this company gonna randomly drop your payroll as well as your hours. Apply to Walmart, and even Home Depot/Lowe's instead its wayy wayy better than this shit company. Target, also the TL, and ETL-HR (atleast in my location) thinks they are above everyone else and can get away with underpaying their workers.

You don't want to work here. This place is even worse than OfficeMax, and Gamestop (which is known to be joke of a stores in my area). TRUST ME when I say that this company gonna randomly drop your payroll as well as your hours. Apply to Walmart, and even Home Depot/Lowe's instead its wayy wayy better than this shit company. Target, also the TL, and ETL-HR (atleast in my location) thinks they are above everyone else and can get away with underpaying their workers.
I actually like working for Target and much rather work there than Walmart. I think each Target is different and all team leads and ETL’S are different.

No pay raises announced. Washington state now has a pay transparency law, they are supposed to publish pay ranges but this is not happening for grade 35 positions. I guess there are loopholes in the law. We have had a lot of turnover in our store unfortunately.
Honestly, at least internally, it should all be published on workbench imo. Starting wages for each paygrade, by store

Back