Archived Revisions that is 21 hours to do, and looks like EVERYTHING changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
... except a couple things that doesn't change.

Seriously, corporate?

Why wasn't this just become a POG?

This is no sense in giving revision captains 70 hours of revision work, comon sometimes I just don't understand the logic here :/

I don't need more hours that I couldn't get anyway. So why over 40? They don't give me OT.

Last edited:
No, most times I don't (have a partner) I usually handles revs well by myself, but when they are over 40... somebody's gotta help, and we are lacking TMs as it is to come help me out. They always give the team PRIORITY on POGs/transitions so they are done first. If they are heavy, they get prefered treatment and get extra help from Flow team members and dayside TMs, but I don't! My revs always need to get done, but they don't help me until the POGs are done. A couple times it was mismanaged enough that ALMOST GOT ME FIRED because they could not send me help until Friday late.

So, please don't do this, corporate don't put 40+ hours of revs!!!

Last edited:
No, most times I don't (have a partner) I usually handles revs well by myself, but when they are over 40... somebody's gotta help, and we are lacking TMs as it is to come help me out. They always give the team PRIORITY on POGs/transitions so they are done first. If they are heavy, they get prefered treatment and get extra help from Flow team members and dayside TMs, but I don't! My revs always need to get done, but they don't help me until the POGs are done. A couple times it was mismanaged enough that ALMOST GOT ME FIRED because they could not send me help until Friday late.
so, please don't do this, corporate don't put 40+ hours of revs!!!

your ptl is aware of this & help you with a solution. commincation is the key, your ptl knows this & gets you some help. if not, express your concerns to your etl.

So, please don't do this, corporate don't put 40+ hours of revs!!!

What on earth is wrong with your PTL?

I don't even have a revisions captain. I don't understand the concept. Revisions are just a part of the team's workload. We can all do them, and we all do. It simply isn't possible to plan/schedule the workload effectively when you put a weird artificial constraint like that on yourself. Some weeks one person does them all, but other weeks we'll have a day where the entire team works on them. Whatever makes the most sense based on the workload...

Don't understand what concept, why there is a revs captain?

Well, since most times revisions are almost 40 hours anyway, but not over 40, a person (me) that can do them instead of whole lot of people help me since I don't need it. I can deal with it, if they are under or at 40.

And, also, I KNOW for a fact that some of people on my team actually prefer doing pogs vs revs. They actually think many revs are not easier to do depends on which department. HBA/Cosmetics you know, for example takes way MORE time than it says.

Last edited:
The question isn't what's wrong with my PTL, but what's wrong with the corporate wants a Revision that actually is almost a POG?

It used to be under 20% change, but they changed that to be way more now. Almost every 2 weeks I get to see a Rev that seems to be at least 50% change.

This 21 hour revision one is like 95%+ change!

Last edited:
ask your ptl those questions. it can be a roller coaster at times. take the hours & do what you can do. then communication to your ptl that you need or not completed.

if not, express your concerns to your etl.

No, I'd like to express my concerns to the corporate that over this much change as a revision is just not right! Seems senseless on corporate's part than my PTL's part.

My PTLs and co-workers also said, why was this a revision if it's a change that almost exactly like a New pog?

Last edited:
be my guess. you will held accountabilty by your ptl or etl, if you are not able to compete on time. going to corporate in not effective, you can ask your stl, instead.

sigh, you are just ignoring a valid concern here. This needs to get the attention of corporate. I like to understand WHY they are doing this.

Do any of you know why this is? why revs with this much change, instead of just make it a new POG?

if certain things changed with a new or selling items in aisle, that is why we have revisions. it is suggested to talk to you ptl ot etl for further level of understanding,

All due with respect, I know what is a revision I been doing it for about 5 years now. I am actually even more experienced than my PTL. The question is why 95%+ change is considered a revision instead a new POG, which it should be with a whopping 21+ hours work to do it.

It really baffles me, as I said for a long time now, many revisions I get should staight out been New POGs in the first place, but this 21+ hour one seem to be the worst and got me to question the sanity of the employees at corporate!

Last edited:
its marketing based on sales & new products. plus, prices do change too. stare at the pill aisle & you will see it there too. look at the bleach aisle, another big change there too. take the hours & go with it. itsbetter than no hours. you will know about the new stuff in the store before others know about it. that helps guest out = more sales for you...

All due with respect, I know what is a revision I been doing it for about 5 years now. I am actually even more experienced than my PTL. The question is why 95%+ change is considered a revision instead a new POG, which it should be with a whopping 21+ hours work to do it.

It really baffles me, as I said for a long time now, many revisions I get should staight out been New POGs in the first place, but this 21+ hour one seem to be the worst and got me to question the sanity of the employees at corporate!

You're not going to get a great answer, the problem is (more than likely) that someone, somewhere messed up. The way you are making it sound, is that you are going to be held accountable if the workload doesn't get complete. That is complete BS. If you are held accountable for something like that, then your PTL is doing something wrong (which is why several of the responses were talking about your PTL). You need to communicate with him/her daily so they know how to plan for your increased workload. That is all there is to it. Your PTL is ultimately responsible for all POGs and REVs getting done, it doesn't matter where they fall. If they don't get done, its on them. Do your best, partner with your Flow TL and/or ETL-LOG to get some extra help from the flow team with pushing some of your revisions. Its all you can do.

It's a revision because they typically don't do new POGs out of cycle. It's just what they do. Even if the changes are massive, if the rest of the department isn't transitioning, they will very rarely generate a new POG.

I guess my question is, what difference does it make if it's a revision or a POG? It's gotta get done either way! The PTL should be assigning the work based on hours, not based on "well this person does all my revisions so who cares if that gives him 90 hours in one week? I can't give them to anyone else, they're revisions!!" That is rank incompetence on the part of a PTL.

And no, you can't just make a blanket statement that revisions are usually around 40 hours. That's not even close to true for my store, for instance. Revision hours fluctuate wildly from week to week.

And if it has you so upset, mySupport it. That's your connection to HQ. They won't change anything for you, because this concern is unfounded (and I mean no offense, just being frank), but that's how you can get in touch with them.

You're not going to get a great answer, the problem is (more than likely) that someone, somewhere messed up. The way you are making it sound, is that you are going to be held accountable if the workload doesn't get complete. That is complete BS. If you are held accountable for something like that, then your PTL is doing something wrong (which is why several of the responses were talking about your PTL). You need to communicate with him/her daily so they know how to plan for your increased workload. That is all there is to it. Your PTL is ultimately responsible for all POGs and REVs getting done, it doesn't matter where they fall. If they don't get done, its on them. Do your best, partner with your Flow TL and/or ETL-LOG to get some extra help from the flow team with pushing some of your revisions. Its all you can do.

great answer!

then i get stuck with the enterntainment ones lately.....oh joy!

great answer!

then i get stuck with the enterntainment ones lately.....oh joy!

Ha. That's actually the one thing I do have a "captain" for. One of our key Electronics TMs comes in every Monday morning to set the E&E revisions (NR labels behind the current ones). Another comes in every Tuesday morning to finish the NR pogs, set the checklane, and stock them. It's nice not to have to worry about any of that. Of course this week the whole movie department had new POGs, so one of my TMs and I joined the normal E&E guy today. Fun.

Entertainment Revs are the EASIEST to do, piece of Cake! Try HBA/Cosmetics, and anything that involves dividers/pushers and baby food Revs! Some consumable ones are also awful...

Then, you will really get an sense of why some people on my team actually prefer setting POGs vs Revs. The time it takes to do these is not far from resetting the whole aisle anyway.

This 21+ hour rev just happen to be one of these... crazy!

Last edited:
captainrevision, exactly which revision are you referring to? generally, you get 35 payroll hours a week from hq for revisions (based on hourly projection sent out for the rest of this year with hours broken down each week by workload/center, not saying your store actually goes by it. your stl should have it.). i looked on this weeks workload, and nothing shows over 1.5 hours on a particular revision. did i miss something? i did notice the revisions themselves have been well over the % rule. according to mysupport, they are still using that rule to determine if it is a revision or pog. it could be a mistake on the calendar/twt. your revisions also get larger based on mysupports you send up. i sent up one little problem in hba, and they sent out revisions that had us basically flipping two aisles that a little flex label would've fixed.

our entire team does revisions on friday for the next week. that way it's a light day for everyone, if we screw up during the week/call outs and can't get them all done, it's no biggie. we had a revision captain, but i noticed that whether he had 10 revisions or 60 revisions, it still took 40 hours. so we changed the way we divided the workload.

The L'oreal revison next week is 21 hours. They sent out a message board stating that because of how big the revision is the aisle will not be included in the upcoming Beauty transition.

For a long, long time we had one person that would do revisions. Then the rest of the pog team would do regular transitions. Right now we have the PTL and two other team members. We usually borrow people from the flow team on no truck days when the work load gets big. Before I became back of the pog team again, I would assist with revisions if they took over 40 hours.

Our team doesn't believe in the revision captain thing either. They used to do that, but later changed to distributing the entire workload to the team (minus entertainment, we get salesfloor payroll for that.) They do it on wednesdays when the TL is off. If they get done early, they jump into salesplans. If they don't finish, the team finishes on thursday or friday depending on the rest of their transition workload.

To the original poster - I just wanted to say that your concerns are valid. We have been having the same problems with extremely large revisions as well. We no longer have a revision captain system, so it isn't dumped on one person to be responsible (there is actually little to no accountability for anything, but that's another matter - but then again - they are toying with going back to having a revision captain again, so we'll see). Corporate won't change anything - what you need to do, is look over your revisions if you can, as early as possible and let your PTL know about these. We've had the same problem - which is exacerbated since our PTL doesn't even bother to look at the revision workload - they just hand out stacks to the team - who in turn, just does them as they come up - so at 11am on Friday when you realize you have a 10hr revision - it's a big problem. So try and spot them early and get them back to your TL so they can be given to the team as POG work.

Our revision captain was going to do it early but the signing is coming late (supposedly next week via message boards) so he had to put it off till next week. Probably going to have to help him since signing is really light for me next week.

We have a revision captain because of accountability issues. When everyone would do revisions it was hard to tell who did what and when something was wrong no one wanted to take responsibility. With one person in charge, if anything goes wrong with a revision they know who to talk to. The PTL will look up the hours and tell them how many days it should take. If they are scheduled more hours then they need then the last few days they will do planos and if there is more hours then they are scheduled they will have another person help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back