Archived Rules and timelines for using vacation hours

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 480
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I had a blow up today with an HR team member about having a request of about 4 hours of vacation time being denied. I have never had vacation time denied. I was told that I was a week late on submitting it. I called bs on it.

I will explain. Payday is this Friday August 22nd on my wonderful store.
The pay period that I tried to add 4 hours to was
August 3rd to August 16th.
I was going to add 4 hours to I think August 4th. I added it on August 14th because I am always reluctant to add vacation hours early in the week. I added it on the 14th and that was still during the pay period. The paperwork for payroll doesn't get submitted until the Monday before Friday payday. I was denied that 4 hours and basically screwed out of 4 hours which would have been 30 dollars. I don't see how it should have been denied. Is this a new rule or did I get screwed? I was extremely pissed and told the HR team member that "well I basically got screwed out of 30 dollars". I don't think the world would have ended if it had been approved. I also don't see how it it's against the rules. It's still in the time frame of the pay period.
The HR department in my store is a joke. The ETL isn't that much help and from what I've heard, this is the first time the person has ever worked in retail. I mean she's a nice person and good at doing orientation and being an ETL but on certain HR things, it was not meant to be. And I always love dealing with the uppity angry HR team members. Please get off your high horse. You are in an office environment and you work during the day Monday through Friday. You have it made.

My time does have some issues about vacation requests. Being not nice to hrtm, was unwise. Did you talk to your etl about your request for approval? If they didn't approved it was the reason you were denied. The etl can fix it by approving it. You might want to try it.
Oh yeah, when a vacation request is done for like 2 days or 16 hours. Depending your weekly average hours, you may get only 8 hours of vacation. I was helping a tm who average hours were 30 hours do paid time part on my time & that's what they were given.

I believe the limits are stated in myTime selfservice where you submit the request. If I recall correctly, you can't be approved if you submit more than your average hours or have more than 12 hours of any kind per day (includes regular, holiday, holiday prem, personal, etc.).

There have been issues with Mytime auto denying things and or the requests are never delivered to the right etl, hr etc. I also know they the way payroll is processed was changed...so the hr team has to do it differently...I am not certain of the exact changes...only heard about it in passing .

The way my hrtm explained it is that the hrs for the previous week are keyed in on Mon. If you didn't submit your vac req before that Mon, it's denied & they can't backtrack it.
On a side note, I generally don't piss off the people who have power over my pay. If it seems like retaliation, tho, I'd get with the ETL-HR.

So can you add hours to week 1 during week 2 if you do it before the Monday of pay day week? I got mad because I was counting on that money and didn't get it. I've been work at Target for 6 years and never had an issue like that. That's the main reason I was pissed. And I don't care if an HR team member has access to paycheck information. I don't deserve to be treated like a dumbass. I can't stand it when team members and others think I know how to do everything at Target.

I am not sure of the exact days etc...I do know that it changed with mytime. We were told in a huddle to be careful about punch corrections and making sure if you had one ...you take care of it asap....something about payroll being done differently.

Better communication would be epic.

Again, you need to talk to your etl about auto deny. They can help you get paid the 4 hours of vacation.

I had a blow up today with an HR team member about having a request of about 4 hours of vacation time being denied. I have never had vacation time denied. I was told that I was a week late on submitting it. I called bs on it.

$20 says you'll be put on CA.

I don't deserve to be treated like a dumbass. I can't stand it when team members and others think I know how to do everything at Target.

Treating you like you know something makes you feel like you're being treated like a dumbass?

This seems the opposite. I'd be far more annoyed by someone repeatedly explaining things to me that everyone in the store knows.

People expecting I know things I don't if anything seems almost a compliment, and an over-estimation of my knowledge in their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back