Archived sales floor on light duty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been diagnosed with severe arthritis and inflamed lungs, and even working in electronics has become a nightmare. I can barely lift anything over about 10-15 pounds. Working on bottom shelves leaves me winded. By the end of the night, I can barely walk.

If I am put on "light duty" by my doctor, what is that going to do to my job? Or should I expect to get "performanced-out" due to my inability to lift and be on my feet for 8 hours?

Sorry to hear about your health, sounds pretty miserable.
I hope you're going to be OK.
Talk to the HR ETL about light duty.
The ADA makes it clear that they can't fire you but they can cut back your hours.
Just don't let them marginalize you.
Put your requests in writing, don't make my mistake of assuming they will carry on anything they say in person.
Good luck.

We had a team member with a hurt shoulder..they had her do lightweight reshop (hba mostly).

Having arthritis you might not want ad prep. While it is a sit down, no heavy lifting job it can be back breaking, rough on your neck and hands if you have arthritis in those areas. Operator/fitting room might be a better fit. You are not always sitting or standing. It can be boring but it requires no heavy lifting.

Cash office & HR are the only things I can think of at the moment....

Figure up your limitations and go to your HR/ETL. They may be able to assign you to a different work center or find duties that will work with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back