Archived Sales floor TMs have to do Fill out LOD pfresh sales walk - ridiculous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our LODs expect the already overwhelmed market team to do the LOD pfresh sales walk every day. At 9am and 4pm they just come and initial it. We actually do the work. I think this is unreasonable. The LOD Pfresh Sales Walk is for .... The LODs! I already have a daily checklist, cleaning log suspect date audit, and TPC log to do. I already do a team lead's work, now and doing an LODs work too.

This us one more thing that pulls me away from actually accomplishing anything. Your thoughts?

ridicules, ive done a team leaders work before and that is hard enough plus your own tasks, but an LODs work? thats stupid

I can see having the CTL do it if there's no possible way for the LOD to get to it, but having a lowly team member do it is just ridiculous.

I dont know why there is even a sales walk to begin with....why is market so special and the rest of the store doesnt need to be checked on. The LODs usually just mention a few things that need to get done that are like item 10 on my to do list and not even a priority since i have a bunch of other stuff I always have to take care of first.

target doesnt really understand how to do grocery and most lod's are blind to what occurs over there. If anything theyhould be required to go over there and get involved and understand what is occuring (goes beyond just walking the outside of it).

Everything in market is dead or dieing it should take priority over stupid crap like clothes, toys, and reshop.

When an lod asks you to do reshop and you have 10 other things you have to do first, then you should have been making them do there 9am/4pm walks because then they might understand why you need to prioritize certain things over others.

If you ever want to move up within Target you need to communicate with them what your working on and what still needs to be done. Work with your CTL/ETL to figure out ways to get this done if there not aware of it, make them aware.

The checklists are a way to hold people responsible if there not getting done then show it to your ETL and point out the fact that your not getting the help you need to get your job done properly.

All of that shows courage, initative, generating ideas, and much more. If you do it correctly you'll have all the answers you need for any leadership development or interviews. ;)

target doesnt really understand how to do grocery and most lod's are blind to what occurs over there. If anything theyhould be required to go over there and get involved and understand what is occuring (goes beyond just walking the outside of it).

Everything in market is dead or dieing it should take priority over stupid crap like clothes, toys, and reshop.

When an lod asks you to do reshop and you have 10 other things you have to do first, then you should have been making them do there 9am/4pm walks because then they might understand why you need to prioritize certain things over others.

If you ever want to move up within Target you need to communicate with them what your working on and what still needs to be done. Work with your CTL/ETL to figure out ways to get this done if there not aware of it, make them aware.

The checklists are a way to hold people responsible if there not getting done then show it to your ETL and point out the fact that your not getting the help you need to get your job done properly.

All of that shows courage, initative, generating ideas, and much more. If you do it correctly you'll have all the answers you need for any leadership development or interviews. ;)

I never actually do the checklist for them, BUT for the walk its just like any other walk in the store. You partner with the LOD and go over everything line by line on the floor, then go backroom, than they have stuff to follow up on. Sometimes this takes OVER 30 minutes because they get pulled away or have to for whatever reason nitpick every little tiny thing in all of market. Half the stuff they come up with is either dry market related or stuff not even technically in my department, like oh hey paper endcaps are light can you fill those or flex something there.

Anyway I can go on and on but to the OPs point.

The walk is for LODS. You really need to talk to your CTL ETL-HL or STL about this. The LOD needs to be held responsible for this as this is part of THEIR tasks and workload. Having them come over there lets you have a chance to tell them how your workload is going and what special things you may have gotten done or things that you still need to do. It also lets them be involved in market to see what is going on over there instead of having false assumptions.

our LODS have NEVER done this . Our Lods at our store make us do half there work anyways though .

Our LODs expect the already overwhelmed market team to do the LOD pfresh sales walk every day. At 9am and 4pm they just come and initial it. We actually do the work. I think this is unreasonable. The LOD Pfresh Sales Walk is for .... The LODs! I already have a daily checklist, cleaning log suspect date audit, and TPC log to do. I already do a team lead's work, now and doing an LODs work too.

This us one more thing that pulls me away from actually accomplishing anything. Your thoughts?

Hold your LOD accountable. When they don't do it, sign and date Saleb walk sheet saying, "LOD refused to do walk" and leave it blank.

When the DTL visits, or someone else higher up does, they'll get on leaderships ass about it. That's what I did. Needless to say, the LODs started doing it instead of making me do it. It specifically says LOD walk -- only the LOD should be doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back