Archived sales planners

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many sales planners should one person be able to set in an eight hr shift? I'm talking, tie&drop, pull, clear out old sp, set, push.

It depends on what department(s) you're setting, and on how many times you get called for backup, how many times your LOD bothers you to do [insert task], go get that call button, help that guest find something....

How many sales planners should one person be able to set in an eight hr shift? I'm talking, tie&drop, pull, clear out old sp, set, push.

It depends on the situation. Are you doing this while the store is open? If you are asking if somebody was going to do ONLY this during their shift (ie someone from Presentation setting SP's their entire shift) it really also depends. Generally the MORE you do at once, the better off you are, but it means you are using pretty good planning to make accurate timelines for yourself. The "most" efficient way to probably do it is to tie and drop all the batches the night before, and have them pulled and staged. Come in right when your unload team starts the next day and strip, set, and run to home all the product during the unload (throwing BS on the floor where your team normally should), and bowl out the product you had staged in front of the endcap. Then let flow stock it within their process. Your flow team (if good) can absorb most of it, and you just knocked out 25 pretty easily.

There are a ton of variables. I've only had a couple shifts where I spend my entire day (8 paid hours) doing sales plans, and I think I knocked out 12 of them a day give or take. The most recent one was a non-truck day, store was open; I tied everything, did the pulls, stripped/cleaned, set, and backfilled in that order. Digging for the signage was a little more time consuming than I would have liked, though.
It also depends heavily on the product you're working with and what the SPLN consists of. ie: It'd take a lot less time to set a gatorade endcap than a soup/can endcap. In general, the less often you have to touch the product, the more efficient you can be

There's no solid answer here. I've spent most of my day setting 4freezer spls before. Other times I've been able to set upwards of 12-15 in c/d with big items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back