Archived Salvage

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the steps to processing salvage? I'm new to pricing and want an idea of how to do it.

I have done a few pricing shifts, but I asked my pricing friend for their answer...

So, when you scan an item that comes up salvage, you type in how many you have and then whichever device you are using will ask what you are doing with it, so you press Salvage. Next, you keep collecting salvage until your shift is over. We keep a box in our carts but you can also box it up later. When it's time to clean up, slap a green Salvage sticker on it and either store it for more tomorrow or tape it up and take it to receiving where they have a pallet to collect it.

Ps. Keep your eye out for good boxes, you'll need them! :)

Unrelated to the original question, but salvage related nonetheless...

What happens to salvage? Does it go to recycling? Back to the DC? Straight in the trash? Donated? I'm sure it depends on the product, but I'm just curious, in general.

Boxed up items are put on a pallet that can have several destinations depending on contents.
Some were purchased by resellers for pennies on the dollar, some were donated to non-profits' thrift stores.

Make sure to ask the receiver about any special handling salvage! When I first started working PC I had no idea what the special handling stuff was. I'm always a cautious person by nature but I'm really glad I learned about this right away.

Boxed up items are put on a pallet that can have several destinations depending on contents.
Some were purchased by resellers for pennies on the dollar, some were donated to non-profits' thrift stores.
Thanks. Kind of what I figured, but never really asked at the store. At least it all isn't going to waste.

I saw a bunch of Target merch at a Goodwill store one time.
It was tagged higher than the last clearance price; some still had our tags on there.

What happens to salvage? Does it go to recycling? Back to the DC? Straight in the trash? Donated? I'm sure it depends on the product, but I'm just curious, in general.
Ours gets sent back to the DC, where it is resold super cheap and in bulk to places like Goodwill. I was told that some stores in our district have a local partner pick it up instead of sweeping it back to the DC.

What are the steps to processing salvage? I'm new to pricing and want an idea of how to do it.

Basically what SitSpotSit said. The only add-on I have for that is to keep special handling salvage separate from regular salvage and also whatever you can donate (pet stuff, food, hba stuff)

if it does the alarm beep it is special handling (think things with batteries.. liquids.. chemicals)

If you want to donate the item key how many, hit the salvage button and a pop up will show up. Click donate.

Then ask your receiver what to do with donations and special hadling. We bag all ours up by dpci in ESIM bags and put a white sticker with the count on it so all they have to do is scan it under outbound tracking and scan it into the bins.

I see Target salvage at Dirt Cheap all the time. They just have bins of random stuff everywhere with white salvage or green defect labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back