Archived Say it aint so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
At huddle the other morning we were told by our FATL that apparently the cookies at Food Ave are going to start coming pre-made and will no longer be baked in the store. Anyone else hearing this? Listen Target, you can take my hours, and you can force the Vibe down my throat, but goddammit, you do NOT mess with our cookies :,(

Damn. Cookies is the line that shouldn't be crossed. Screw the parfaits and salads. Those were the biggest wastes at my stores. Only TMs bought them.

If they are coming pre-made, they are probably going to be those Archer Farm cookies you get at the Supers in the bakery.

For the amount of food that FA originally sold and the hours that TMs were given at times was great or ridiculous. I can remember at my high volume store we always closed with 2 TMs at Food Ave+Pizza Hut. Usually we would get out at 930 or less.

But at my lower volume store that was just Food Ave. We were given at times only 30 minutes to close, and we couldn't close down anything or look like we were prepping to close. I said screw that, I am prepping to close.

They sent pre-made parfaits & then they cut hrs.
They sent pre-made salads & then cut hrs.
They sent pre-made sandwiches & then cut hrs.
They eliminated nachos & then cut hrs.
Now they're sending pre-made cookies & - guest what? - they'll cut hrs.

Why don't they just put in a @#$%! vending machine?

I was very sad to hear of this. Anyone else getting Jamba Juice smoothies, aka reprogramming the existing smoothie machine and throwing up Jamba Juice signing? We're also getting a hot dog steamer, to replace the roller grill. Microwave is going away (no more defrosting bananas for Starbucks :( ), and a couple of other things I can't remember at the moment.

whaaaaaa? those cookies are so bomb! especially those sugar cookies :/ thats more bullshit now, glad im leaving.

They sent pre-made parfaits & then they cut hrs.
They sent pre-made salads & then cut hrs.
They sent pre-made sandwiches & then cut hrs.
They eliminated nachos & then cut hrs.
Now they're sending pre-made cookies & - guest what? - they'll cut hrs.

Why don't they just put in a @#$%! vending machine?

Yeah that's what happened at the local Walmart a long time ago. They used to have food court with hotdogs, soft pretzels and such. Then they shut it down and put a ton of vending machines in it's place. It will be a sad day if Target decides to shut down Food Ave, no more popcorn and popcorn smell as soon as you walk in the door. :(

I bet you the next step is to send in pre-made pizza's, so instead of making them fresh, you just pop in frozen pizza's.

Honestly, I thought the cookies they have at Food Ave currently tastes like garbage. I'm not sad at all to see them go. However, I do miss the Food Ave selection (and pricing) we had 12 years ago. The breakfast platter with eggs, bacon or sausage, hash browns, and toast for ~$3 was awesome.

I was very sad to hear of this. Anyone else getting Jamba Juice smoothies, aka reprogramming the existing smoothie machine and throwing up Jamba Juice signing? We're also getting a hot dog steamer, to replace the roller grill. Microwave is going away (no more defrosting bananas for Starbucks :( ), and a couple of other things I can't remember at the moment.
The hot dog roller grill has been my opinion a FAIL. When the cheddarwurst and italian sausage dogs rolled out. They withered up within 30 minutes or stuck to the grill and peeled apart.

Let's go to vending machines.....that'll provide a lot of VIBE moments.....just not the kind of Vibe moments that headquarters will expect!

We can then have food Ave TMs come to help out the sls fl or up front.....or wherever else they'd be needed.

The vending machines will be great for the guests who order through the new "we shop for you" plan......and when the guest gets there and has to wait, well, the guest can use their REDCARD to buy all the treats that they want. Hmmmm....maybe this is really in the works.

I transferred from a low volume store to a Super Target. At my old store I used to work food ave., then came pfresh and good bye food ave. hello Starbucks. I chose not to work Starbucks, I'd had enough of food service anyway being there for 4+ years. Some of my regulars when seeing me at the front lanes would complain about no popcorn or hotdogs or pretzels. I'm glad I don't work FA anymore, too many changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back