Archived Scanning the truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth! And, once I saw your sig I chant to myself, "not my circus, not my monkeys" on a daily basis to get my priorities straight. That phrase alone has saved my sanity over the past few months.
I was watching something on tv ( I don't even remember what now ) and heard them say...not my circus my my monkeys and I thought...damn I like that ....so I stole it .

I would enjoy wearing a red shirt to work with that phrasing on it.

Ive never seen ours not scanning whenever ive been back there, about a third of each truck is prolly backstock which they palletize and it goes to le backroom.
That sounds like it would add an hour to pfresh, we send back at least 3 full smart carts of backstock per aisle.

That sounds like it would add an hour to pfresh, we send back at least 3 full smart carts of backstock per aisle.

our pfresh pallets are already wrapped up off a different truck (that sometimes doesnt even arrive until noon -_-)

I quoted a Polish Proverb "Not my circus, not my monkeys" under the "Time for a Union?" thread on Feb 24th

The FDC's are all working on going towards a scannable label on all freight. The end game is the FDC would be treated as the RDC and unloaded off the pallets scanned and separated inbetween push and backstock. Supposed to knock the time spent working unproductive freight out, but then again a decision made by someone sitting behind a desk at corporate. I haven't heard this has started yet but I know its coming.

If you want to push an entire truck, do you have to scan it? I'm talking about RDC not FDC
No it doesn't have to be scanned if pushing all the truck. That score was removed from metrics anyhow so it doesn't affect anything. You can still show up as red on it if done often enough, some DTL's will still say something if its red. So a time here and there shouldn't affect anything.

The FDC's are all working on going towards a scannable label on all freight. The end game is the FDC would be treated as the RDC and unloaded off the pallets scanned and separated inbetween push and backstock. Supposed to knock the time spent working unproductive freight out, but then again a decision made by someone sitting behind a desk at corporate. I haven't heard this has started yet but I know its coming.

My store is serviced by the newest FDC in Ohio, and the pick labels are wonderful. I rejoiced the first time I could scan a P-Fresh casepack without BCODEing it first.

Of course, having a barcode doesn't help much when one's MyDevice scanner stops working...

We've been having huge problems with unscanable labels from the Ohio FDC lately. 1st it was dairy and freezer labels, last couple of trucks it's predominately produce. I was thinking about trying to MySupport it. Have any of you got any ideas? Having to b-code all these is such a time sucking PITA.

What's wrong with them? Are they too light? Blurry or smeared? Are the labels too shiny? I don't recall having any issues with the FDC pick labels recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back