Archived Scheduled 3 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been scheduled 3 hours before, and for the last three weeks have been scheduled 3 hour shifts again. I'm suppose to be full time but my hours have dwindled from 25-30 to 19 hrs this week. I thought they had to schedule you at least 4 hour shifts. I work tomorrow 8-11 working Instocks. I've been called in a couple times for speed issues but feel like I'm being singled out. Is this right? What should I do?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I've never seen a shift shorter than four hours at my store. Everyone's hours have gone up for the week of November 1. I got 37 without having to pick up an extra shift. BUT at my store there is often a lot of favoritism when it comes to scheduling/hours.

Never seen a adult have a shift under 4 hours, but we schedule minors for 3.75 hours. 3 hours though is the minimum you can be scheduled for though as far as I am aware.

Hours have started to go up at my store as well. Had 32.25 hours this week, 27.25 last week, 31.5 next week, 32.25 again the week after next. I can hit 40 if I want, plenty of shifts on the swapboard, but I prefer not to most weeks, 5 8 hour shifts is fine by me, but I prefer to have 2 days off, so will stay when asked to stay lat or come in early when asked to, but tend to avoid picking up extra days.

I have seen people in my store scheduled 3 hours before. Some of them went to the tl, or etl and told them they would not come in for 3 hours....the scheduled was changed. I know personally I wouldn't go in for three hours. I drive about an hour round trip...so going in to work three hours just wouldn't seem worth it . About being singled out...yes that's a possibility Spot can be shady like that. However, it could also be with your stores payroll situation etc. I would talk to your tl if you are stressing about it ...if you don't feel comfortable with that then just ask your fellow tms if their hours have been cut etc.

I always tell others to refuse to work 3 hr shifts,people need to stand up for themselves , as long as they continue to show up for them they will continue to be scheduled that way ,it happens a lot at my store , but without exception at least on the logistics side of my store anyone who complains about it before hand have their hours adjusted upwards.

I've been scheduled 3 hours before, and for the last three weeks have been scheduled 3 hour shifts again. I'm suppose to be full time but my hours have dwindled from 25-30 to 19 hrs this week. I thought they had to schedule you at least 4 hour shifts. I work tomorrow 8-11 working Instocks. I've been called in a couple times for speed issues but feel like I'm being singled out. Is this right? What should I do?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2 Hours is the minimum shift they have to offer you (per Cali labor laws, which is super strict out of all the states). If you are full time they have to schedule you a min of 32 hours OR have an average of 32 hours worked a week in a rolling 12 week period (per health insurance laws/benefits). So if you have been employed say 11 weeks and you've been consistently getting 40 hours every week, they are safe to cut your hours one week because your average won't go below 32.

If this is consistent, talk to your ETL. If your below 32 hours in a 12 week period, your status can be dropped to parttime. Then say buh bye to benefits.

Now.... With all that being said, your availability cannot be extremely limited. Did you recently change it? One conversation I hated having with employees was this. Full time employees would change there availability to M-F 8-5 and didn't understand why they weren't getting full time hours.

At our store it means they want you to quit when they cut your hours. If you continue to get low hours, I would start looking for another job.

3hr is very common and is the required minimal number hours Target has to schedule you in most states. There are some that require 4hrs.

Holiday schedules are never guaranteed to give you your desired hours.

Also Holiday Times are always an excuse for store management to give seasonal hires more hours because they are cheaper on payroll than a seasoned TM.

I was never scheduled anything less than 4 hours. Although one of my coworkers (who has been there since the store opened, 11 years) was only scheduled 2 and a half hours on a Sunday. Lets say she was not happy about it as her house is about 25 minutes away and I told her I wouldn't even go in for a shift that short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back