Scheduled an interview for Specialty Salesfloor but workday says the interview is for seasonal GM and Guest Advocate?

I got an email saying I was invited to schedule an interview for the application I put in for Specialty Sales in Style (which I have the most experience in) but after I scheduled the interview workday says it's for seasonal GM and Guest Advocate? Is that because those are the only positions they have available right now?(It would make sense given Covid-19) But if so why is the position I applied for still open and has only been up for a couple of weeks? I'm going to the interview regardless but I'm just curious as to why that would happen and if I should call? I don't want it to seem like I'm not grateful for the opportunity to interview but I'd prefer the position I initially applied to if it's open.

Most stores leave an open invitation to apply for most lower level positions. You never know when someone will quit. I can almost guarantee you that there are no specialty positions available. I've had to cut hundreds of hours from my team in order to frontload other workcenter that are busier. Most of my team is picking up hours in flex fulfillment, cleaning team or cashiering.

Exactly what everyone else said, they offered you the job they need filled even tho it wasn’t what you really wanted.

Corporate keeps job requisitions (openings) always open under Guest Advocate, Soecialty Sales, and Gen Merch/Food & Bev to keep a constant flow of applications coming in. Sometimes the store is hiring, a lot of times it isn’t, sometimes it’s even trying to help source potential talent for another store.

Back