Archived Scheduled outside of work availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working at target on the sales floor for a little over a month and when I was hired I made my availability anytime except after 6:00 pm on Sunday's. But for this upcoming sunday I was scheduled to work 5 pm-10:30. I notified 2 different TL's about this and they both said "ok I'll look into it." What should I do if nothing is done in time?

I have been working at target on the sales floor for a little over a month and when I was hired I made my availability anytime except after 6:00 pm on Sunday's. But for this upcoming sunday I was scheduled to work 5 pm-10:30. I notified 2 different TL's about this and they both said "ok I'll look into it." What should I do if nothing is done in time?
Swap shift board & talk to your etl or hr without delay.

I disagree. It is not your responsibility to find a replacement. It is only your responsibility to tell the person that made the schedule that they made a mistake. Be polite about it but it is their bad, not yours.

I mean, you don't want to ruffle feathers by stamping your feet so I'd attempt a swap but let them know you're not available and can't come in that day.

I have been having this probkem since the day I started. Today i got into it with the HR assistant who just says business needs whenever i ask. I am not going to give advice on this topic or waste time and energy explaining the situation, but I will say this is a never ending fight at Target. The word avaability should not bevused by T.
Be prepared and always be polite. Bottom line is they wont change or respect your needs. I stay bc I like my job, but I know that if it comes down to it, Target would nuch rather lose an employee rather than try to learn the meaning and practice of availability.

I have been having this probkem since the day I started. Today i got into it with the HR assistant who just says business needs whenever i ask. I am not going to give advice on this topic or waste time and energy explaining the situation, but I will say this is a never ending fight at Target. The word avaability should not bevused by T.
Be prepared and always be polite. Bottom line is they wont change or respect your needs. I stay bc I like my job, but I know that if it comes down to it, Target would nuch rather lose an employee rather than try to learn the meaning and practice of availability.
Business needs is over used. As if you are the only person in your whole store who can do what you do. It's not like it's Black Friday and it's all hands on deck. It's Spot's convenient excuse when he's too lazy to change/fix something. Sorry your store is being so disrespectful to you.

Thanks , it has been a rough day bc this (again) i am very relieved to know someone understands how frustrating this is. the woman said that bc they post the schedule two wees in advance, they dont have to consider tms availability. At least, thats what i think she was saying somewhere in all her two bit business jargon. What a pinhead. I actually feel sorry for her, shes such a fool

Thanks , it has been a rough day bc this (again) i am very relieved to know someone understands how frustrating this is. the woman said that bc they post the schedule two wees in advance, they dont have to consider tms availability. At least, thats what i think she was saying somewhere in all her two bit business jargon. What a pinhead. I actually feel sorry for her, shes such a fool

So all TMs are supposed to be available 24/7 since the schedule is done up 2 weeks in advance....BullshXX. Then why have 'availability'.

When this has happened to me (and it's happened more than I care to say), I inform HR and they ask me to put the shift on the swap board but they will find someone to take my shift (it's usually a new TM). I believe there's only been one time that I had to actually kick up a (small) fuss about this and now they know not to push me too hard. :)

Bullshit. Stand your fucking ground. Tell them you're not available and they can schedule you during that time but you won't be there.

Hold someone accountable for their fuck up and they'll know not to schedule you outside your availability again.

If it habitual, document and bring it up to STL's attention.

In my experience, if one of my former stores wanted me when I was unavailable or changed my schedule, an ETL or TL always asked me.

The term business needs is wrong because they want to pressure you into saying yes. But if you informed someone you are scheduled out of your availablity and not able to work it, then its not your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back