Archived Scheduled Weird Shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thehomiesleepy

LA Street Soldier
Alright to keep it short was scheduled a Hardline's Shift from 7:00am-11:45pm and apparently I'm closing the night before. I find it odd cause we have multiple people begging for hours so initially we have the man power. The week after I have two shifts in one day starting from 10:00am-6:00pm then 7:00pm-11:45pm. Haven't brought it up to HR or any managers cause I'm finally getting hours and don't want them taken away. Just find it weird cause non of my coworkers have ever been scheduled like this, so just curious if there is a specific reason why I'm getting this crazy schedule change.

That is a fifteen hour shift, why on earth would they do that? I've done double shifts, but generally they were volunteer at the time doing a special project where I could be off floor and off walky. I assure you that after the 12th hour my patience on hearing that indyme voice calling for backup would make me scream.

I'm wondering if it was meant to be 7 pm, which would be in line with the rest of the lame closing shifts they generally schedule.

Likely a scheduling error. Bring it to the attention of HR or an LOD.

Agreed. Having done the schedule you wouldn't believe how many times people scheduled someone for a 16 hour shift because they forgot to put PM in MAX. That is when I started using military time to avoid that problem! Just bring it up to your ETL or HR because if your store is normal by any means, they will not willingly let you work overtime so those hours will be adjusted whether you want the hours taken away or not once the LOD looks at the grid. If they're nice, they will let you pick up hours another day instead.

This is my schedule two weeks out. I'm in market so "opening" is actually coming in 2 hours early.

open (6am - 2:30)
close (2:30pm - 11pm)

5 days in a row

Shoot me in the face.

...and you're complaining? Congrats on your 40h with two days off that week. That would be a perfectly acceptable week for me. ;) Well, except for doing the back-to-back; I do them all the time but I also tell them I won't stay past 10pm in that case.

I was scheduled for a 20.5 hour shift once. They schedule me in 1 30AM to 10 pm hahah. And my schedule even said I had 50 hours that week.

This is my schedule two weeks out. I'm in market so "opening" is actually coming in 2 hours early.

5 days in a row

Shoot me in the face.

That isnt that bad. I wish I had that as my schedule for Market. This next saturday I have to do closing til 10 and then be back at 4 for ad setup in the morning. Thats worse. LOL 5 days in a row. A few months back I worked 6 out of 7 days a week for 3 weeks or so and had worked like 12 days in a row and like 23 out of 25 days at one point

I was scheduled for some odd shifts on our most recently published schedule. I was scheduled for 6AM signing shifts midweek with Friday and Saturday off. I do ad prep and I really need to be there either Friday or Saturday to finish the workload (especially the Friday ad correct bundle). When I saw it I just said that the schedule isn't workable and gave the LOD (who was doing edits anyway) edits to make it more workable.

5 days in a row

Shoot me in the face.

That isnt that bad. I wish I had that as my schedule for Market. This next saturday I have to do closing til 10 and then be back at 4 for ad setup in the morning. Thats worse. LOL 5 days in a row. A few months back I worked 6 out of 7 days a week for 3 weeks or so and had worked like 12 days in a row and like 23 out of 25 days at one point

I thought there had to be at least 8 hours scheduled in between shifts? Dont know if thats just in my state or what. Hmm

I did a punch correction for a 6p-10:30p shift. My ETL put it as an overnight shift... 6pm until the next day at 10:30pm... 28.5 hour shift lol. The same ETL also scheduled me 8:00-4:30 and 6:00-10:30 on the same day by mistake... Good times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back