Archived scheduling and other ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there fellow TMs. I was recently hired last Thursday. I have a lot of questions to ask. But I'll ask them from time to time so as to not overload my brain or make myself too nervous before I've even started working.

Since I had applied for Pizza Hut, Starbucks, and cashier; during my interview I was asked which position I'd prefer. I told the interviewer I would prefer Pizza Hut since I've been working in food service loctions for a long time. The person hinted something about working up front at the registers and if I felt comfortable working at a register. This made me wonder. Would they cross train me there? Or did was I asked just to see how I would feel about it?

I offered the position at the end of my interview process. Was told to go take the drug test within 24 hours (did that day) and that I would hear back within two weeks for the the date of my orientation. If I don't hear back by the end of next week should I contact them to find out about my orientation? Do they even contact you about if you pass/fail drug test? I have had jobs take weeks to let me know when to start but the result of the drug test makes me more nervous for some odd reason. I'm pretty sure I passed though.

The last thing I want to know for now is about schedules. How far into the future is the schedule? Like does it show just for current week then replaced when the new weeks' schedule it up? Ex, current would be this weeks' schedule then new schedule posted would be for next week (Aug 4-10th). Or does it reflect two weeks (current week & following week)? Ex current week and Aug 4-10th then new schedule would reflect Aug 11-17th. I hope I'm making sense. If not I will try to reword it the best I can.
TIA for your answers.

Schedules are posted 2 weeks ahead of time, usually by Thursday at noon. There will be 2-3 schedules posted on the board at one time (depending on the day of the week). For example: Today is Wed, July 31, so the first schedule is for the current week. The next schedule is for the following week (Sun Aug 4-Sat Aug 10). They will then post the 3rd schedule (for the week of Sun Aug 11-Sat Aug 17) tomorrow afternoon. FYI: Target's work week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday.

If you have time off requests for the future, these will need to be submitted 3-4 weeks ahead of time (this will usually vary by store and the time of year). There should always be a sign posted on the schedule board telling you the cutoff date/time for time off requests for a future week. For example: At my store, time-off requests for the week of Sun Sep 1-Sat Sep 7 are due by noon this Sunday.

If it's been 2 weeks since your drug test, I would definitely call your store and inquire. Sometimes it can take longer to get a call if there's a delay in paperwork, if someone is on vacation, etc. A good rule of thumb, though, is to call after one week just to see how things are moving along.

If the drug test passes, you are given a training schedule that may not be on the normal schedule. Its ok to in with hr, for sure.

Food Ave, Starbucks, guest service, photo, and cashier are all under the Front Lanes. About all TMs have to have cashier training, but at times its best to cross train in multiple positions or areas so you can get as many of your requested hours as possible. There are some stores where their Starbucks and FAs have high sales and must maintain a steady TM count.

At one Food Ave, you might be working byyourself. And at others you might be working with 2 or 3 TMs during peak times.

I was hired to work in food ave, but was cross trained as a cashier. Being cross trained is a GOOD thing! I was able to pick up fourteen extra hours this pay period because of people giving up their cashier hours.

Schedules are posted 2 weeks ahead of time, usually by Thursday at noon. There will be 2-3 schedules posted on the board at one time (depending on the day of the week). For example: Today is Wed, July 31, so the first schedule is for the current week. The next schedule is for the following week (Sun Aug 4-Sat Aug 10). They will then post the 3rd schedule (for the week of Sun Aug 11-Sat Aug 17) tomorrow afternoon. FYI: Target's work week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday.

If you have time off requests for the future, these will need to be submitted 3-4 weeks ahead of time (this will usually vary by store and the time of year). There should always be a sign posted on the schedule board telling you the cutoff date/time for time off requests for a future week. For example: At my store, time-off requests for the week of Sun Sep 1-Sat Sep 7 are due by noon this Sunday.

If it's been 2 weeks since your drug test, I would definitely call your store and inquire. Sometimes it can take longer to get a call if there's a delay in paperwork, if someone is on vacation, etc. A good rule of thumb, though, is to call after one week just to see how things are moving along.

If the drug test passes, you are given a training schedule that may not be on the normal schedule. Its ok to in with hr, for sure.

Thanks for the info. Especially knowing the schedule is two weeks inot the future. For me it's a good thing because I can let my other job know ahead of time how my week will pan out so they don't schedule during the hours I'll be at Target.
Plus, I didn't even need to call the store anyway. I got a phone call this morning to come in for orientation.

Food Ave, Starbucks, guest service, photo, and cashier are all under the Front Lanes. About all TMs have to have cashier training, but at times its best to cross train in multiple positions or areas so you can get as many of your requested hours as possible. There are some stores where their Starbucks and FAs have high sales and must maintain a steady TM count.

At one Food Ave, you might be working byyourself. And at others you might be working with 2 or 3 TMs during peak times.

I was hired to work in food ave, but was cross trained as a cashier. Being cross trained is a GOOD thing! I was able to pick up fourteen extra hours this pay period because of people giving up their cashier hours.

This is good to know. I really wouldn't mind cross training as a cashier though. Especially if it means being able to pick up hours if need be. :-D

This is good to know. I really wouldn't mind cross training as a cashier though. Especially if it means being able to pick up hours if need be. :-D

It's nice to know someone's willing to take those shifts for us! At my store, the only TMs that ever want cashing shifts are those who can't pick up the ones in the book because they're already scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back