Archived Scheduling Non-Electronics People in Electronics Frequently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
So lately due to the hour cuts and all that good stuff, everybody in Electronics has been working 4 hours shifts. It's usually 4 people a day and they pretty much cover every 4 hour interval from 8am-12am. But lately they've had a few people working those 4 hour shifts who aren't in Electronics leaving us Electronics Team Members getting 20 hours or less a week. I was just wondering what the thinking pattern is behind that, and why they continue to do that? It's not an availability issue, most of the Electronics guys would be happen to work as much as possible. It's gotten to the point where one of them should just switch in and get the pay bump (granted I don't know how good of a job they're doing or if they even enjoy the department).

We had the same problem at my store once, the ETL would only schedule us 4 hour shifts in electronics. It made me so mad that I always gave mine away especially on Saturdays... But it could be for different reasons.
They could of ran out of hours for hardlines so they used the hours in electronics to make sure everyone had hours.
It could be because the electronic team has a lot of meal compliance so the ETL is trying to fix the problem by giving small shifts (was the reason at my store)

At my store, this usually happens as a result of them letting electronics regulars go (AP issues). We've had at least 3 go in the last year for that. So then someone from hardlines gets put over there to fill that spot and boom, there's our new electronics guy.

It's just the way the hours are right now. Sales floor is very low, but electronics will always have hours at least from open to close, even for ulv. They're just trying to share what little hours they have with the rest of the floor.

Haha. No. At this time of year, there are no salesfloor people, including electronics, until 10am.
MyTime will always give hours from open to close to electronics, even in ULV. It's in the myTime guidelines. It's up to your STL and ETL HR to actually use them.

I was scheduled in electronics once when I was hardlines (background: I know nothing about electronics and avoid it like the plague). And interestingly enough, there was an electronics-trained TM scheduled in hardlines for the exact same shift. We ended up swapping the shifts.

Nope. Not always. Our electronics is staffed 11am to 10pm and our hours are 8am to 11pm. Flow gets endymes while stocking electronics til 11am and blue side closer gets them after 10pm.

That happened at my store too, but none of us (even once we were trained) ever got a pay bump! I can do it but never get scheduled there anymore ~because I'm a girl and HR has their doubts despite their being female~ yet I'm the first one to cover breaks.

I just looked at the grid for today and we had 1 Hardlines person from 8am - 12:30pm and another one from 6:30pm - 11pm, all the others were Team Leads, so I guess they are just making up Hardlines hours by putting them in Electronics. Thank for the replies everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back