Archived Scheduling

Wouldn't you like your voice truly HEARD when a schedule is created?

• YES

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • NO

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Ok so I KNOW only ETL's SRTL's typically create a schedule for their given workcenters. I just wanted to know if it was even possible for a tm (me) who wanted to get redeveloped into a TL to be given the task of creating a schedule suitable to their given workcenter. Since I converse with literally everyone from Leadership to the team members and listen to their concerns, family obligations, 2nd jobs, etc., I think I would help and not Hurt the process. Thoughts?

No, stick to your job. Let them do theirs. Your time will come. No one likes a f ***ing show off.

If a team member wrote their own schedule they would probably work a set 8 to 430 Monday thru Friday.

So with business needs it's not really possible for a team member to write and manage their own schedule two weeks in advance.

Ok so I KNOW only ETL's SRTL's typically create a schedule for their given workcenters. I just wanted to know if it was even possible for a tm (me) who wanted to get redeveloped into a TL to be given the task of creating a schedule suitable to their given workcenter. Since I converse with literally everyone from Leadership to the team members and listen to their concerns, family obligations, 2nd jobs, etc., I think I would help and not Hurt the process. Thoughts?

You can ask that they involve you in that process for the sake of your development but at the end of the day, it would be only so you learn why they schedule the way do. Not so they write the schedule the way you think it should be written.

It is their responsibility, not yours.

Plus, you've said more about the limitations of your coworkers than you have about the needs of the business. Yeah there is a balance to be found between meeting the needs of the business and accommodating TMs and their lives but at the end of the day, their job exists for 1 reason: to make money for Target. If they can't reasonably do their part, they need to find work more conducive to their circumstances.

Last edited:
HR Team Members write the schedule at my store. Etls are rarely involved.

Anything is possible if your leadership trusts you to do it. We have a grocery TM writing the grocery team schedule at my store.

Anything is possible if your leadership trusts you to do it. We have a grocery TM writing the grocery team schedule at my store.
I agree. Last shift I worked, I made called over the overhead break times for the shift and signed equipment in and out since we had no HR.

No, stick to your job. Let them do theirs. Your time will come. No one likes a f ***ing show off.
@Planosss I wasn't trying to "show off" when you've been with Spot as long as I have (11+) years, you try to keep yourself interested in your job somewhat. I'm currently looking elsewhere for work just haven't landed anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back