Archived Screwed out of insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to me coworker, I was screwed of my insurance.

When I was in orientation, my HR said that the next day (which was my first day of training) that I should use the phone in the office, dial some numbers, and wait to be prompted to fill out insurance information. Well, I couldn't get the phone to work, so when I asked the LOD about it, he was clueless. Convientely, the HR was off when I had training, so no one could ask her about it. The LOD said he would figure it out. But, I never heard anything about it.
So, I didn't get to fill out any info about insurance.
But, apparently, I'm eligible?

So, what to do?

Don't worry, you're OK.
If you are eligible for benefits you'll get a packet.
When it comes down to using the phone you should talk to the HR clerk (whatever they're calling these days, I call them the real bosses since most of the time they know more than the ETL's).

Don't worry, you're OK.
If you are eligible for benefits you'll get a packet.
When it comes down to using the phone you should talk to the HR clerk (whatever they're calling these days, I call them the real bosses since most of the time they know more than the ETL's).

Ugh...our HR-TM only thinks she knows everything. And it took me a bit to catch on that she passed herself off as way more important than she really is.

you won't be filling out insurance info. they'll send you a letter letting you know about open enrollment. WOTC perhaps?

From my experience, you do not receive any insurance benefits when you are first starting out with Target. I believe its either a year, or after working so many hours.

This maybe better answered by some of the HR people...Annie you listening.

If I remember correctly, you're allowed to enroll after working for Target for 6 mos. At that time, you should be given enrollment options based on your hrly average.
Thereafter, your enrollment will be at the same time as your store's annual enrollment period.
Annie, correct me if I'm wrong please?

you guys all gave great answers.

The reason you log on to eHR is to set up direct deposit, fill in your emergency contact number, correct any tax info (it defaults to single and zero)

You are not eligible for insurance until later - and your HR team should give you the packet - you usually have 30 days once you have the packet to review and decide what you want.

This just sounds like a little miscommunication.

I have a feeling there will be many team members in February who realize they never updated their tax info after orientation.

Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back