Archived Sda

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far out can you scan something for the SDA? I heard its 30 days from my CTL but my ETL-HL said it can be even further out. Does anyone else know?

The guidelines are 30 days for dry market and frozen, and 4 days for cooler product, but really you can scan something as far out as your heart desires! We've done 2-3 months in advance for certain things in dry market before, and I like to put certain things in the open coolers into the SDA as soon as they hit the shelf, such as those weird gourmet cheeses we have, because we don't have the time to ever check them, and no one ever buys them either.

The guidelines are 30 days for dry market and frozen, and 4 days for cooler product, but really you can scan something as far out as your heart desires! We've done 2-3 months in advance for certain things in dry market before, and I like to put certain things in the open coolers into the SDA as soon as they hit the shelf, such as those weird gourmet cheeses we have, because we don't have the time to ever check them, and no one ever buys them either.

Yup. I do something very similar. Pretty much anything as far as gourmet cheese/meat, the potato salads & such, refrigerated pastas, those will get put in the SDA just about as soon as they come out. Especially now since we have had some issues with expired product hiding on the shelf. I also will date the naked & bolthouse drinks about a month out. As far as everything else, I will look at the date & if it is within the same month, I add it. For example, I look at a tub of lunchmeat. Today is Jan 14th, it expires Jan 31st. I'll add it. When it gets to about Jan 25th or so, I'll start adding things that are dated within the first couple weeks of February.

Really, adding more stuff doesn't hurt. Yes you may have a bigger SDA in the morning, and by the time you actually check it, there may not be anything expired there, but there could be some dated soon, and it keeps you checking things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back