Archived Seasonal cashier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a seasonal cashier since the beginning of November. I have not been told yet if I'm being kept on or not. This week I am scheduled 5 hours saturday and 4 Sunday then the rest of the week it says I'm unavailable, but I'm not unavailable. I called HR and she said it does that sometimes and that she would check with the store manager. I said does it mean I wont be kept on now that the holiday season is over? she said No. But didn't tell me if I was being kept on or not. Usually when I check my schedule online on Thursdays I can go out 2 weeks but it wont let me go past next week. Should I assume sunday will be my last shift? No problem if it is my last shift, I do like working there and like the discount but I have a full time job already so its not a big deal, I just wish someone would tell me.

Seasonal cashier boat now leaving the store, room for one more.

I'm seasonal, and they didn't tell me I wasn't being kept until I asked. My store isn't keeping any of us. The ETL-HR said that she'd be hiring again in July and October, but if I'm still in this podunk town come July, I'm shooting myself in the head. (I'm not serious about that, don't call 911 on me.) I would have liked to stay on, but I'm not looking for a long-term gig.

I kind of figured. thats too bad I did enjoy the job, a lot less stressful than my regular job. I would have been happy with 8 hours a week if it meant i could stay and use my discount.

so I checked today and now I am on there the week after next. Only 1 day but I wonder if since its the third week in January if that means they're keeping me? I'll work one day a week just to keep my discount.

so I checked today and now I am on there the week after next. Only 1 day but I wonder if since its the third week in January if that means they're keeping me? I'll work one day a week just to keep my discount.
SAME

Make sure you communicate that to your ETL-GE, ETL-HR, and STL. Let them know that low or no hours is fine until spring. They may decide to keep you since you're trained. Heck, I'd go back and work 4 hrs./week to get my discount back!

well Saturday they let me know that I wont be needed after my next shift. So that stinks but working 2 jobs was a bit much so I'm not too upset. I will miss that discount though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back