Seasonal Worker Hours

Hey so I’ve been working at target since late October and I am a seasonal employee. This week I’m getting 35 hours. Next week I am getting 39 hours with shifts starting at 6 a.m. all that week. Then the following week my hours dip all the way down to 25 hours. Are they getting close to cutting my hours and laying me off I am so confused ?

There’s a dip in order volume after cyber week for 2 weeks, then the week before Christmas it picks up. Then the week of Christmas it will drop again and keep going down. OPUs will likely keep you in hours the week of Christmas, but after that it’s over.

Yeah I go from 40 this week, to 48 this coming week, and 23 the week after. I’m not gonna complain; my feet need it at this point
Yeah can’t complain either but was just wondering I know im gonna get laid off most likely but would like to be prepared for when that day comes

Hours go up for the week of Black Friday. Hours also go up the following week since it is Cyber Monday and Cyber Week.

Hours always go back down the following week (early December).

They will tell you if you are staying or not between Christmas and New Years.

When you get your schedule for the 1st week of January, if you have one shift or two small shifts totaling under 10 hours - you are not being kept. If you have 3 or more shifts and over 10 hours - you are being kept.

Back