Archived Self Checkout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Target adding self checkouts to some of their stores? I heard a while ago that Target is adding self checkouts to certain stores but is there a way to find out when and which stores will be adding this? Is there a way to find out in workbench?

There was some testing done on that at certain stores last year. The last report was it not very good, from A user here who was a test store. Other retailers are dropping self checkout lanes too.
Here is a link to a recent story:
http://www.retailsystems.org/automation/2012/04/self-checkout-could-make-stealing-too-easy.html

Thank god, most people in general were too stupid to even know how to use them properly in the first place as well. And I just grew to hate that woman's voice as she screamed out that the item needed to be put in the bagging area.

Every store I went to that used self-checks always had to have someone on hand to fix problems.
And there were ALWAYS problems.

At least one store in my District has them. I don't see how this is a good idea, considering the amount of shortage it would cause. Grocery stores can get away with it because they don't have anything worth more than $20 (except certain alcohol). It also wouldn't decrease lines at the checklanes, considering most guests can't figure out where to swipe their card on the normal card readers. :wacko:

At least one store in my District has them. I don't see how this is a good idea, considering the amount of shortage it would cause. Grocery stores can get away with it because they don't have anything worth more than $20 (except certain alcohol). It also wouldn't decrease lines at the checklanes, considering most guests can't figure out where to swipe their card on the normal card readers. :wacko:

Is there a way to find out if there are any stores testing self checkouts in the Northern California region?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back