Archived Service desk moving back to its old location for good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all

I have read all the posts and replies about how the bad the integrated service desk looks at many stores. Well in any event our service desk is moving back to its old location and not just for the after Christmas return season. That means our SFT will need to reconfigure the shelving again for this move. He reconfigured a few months back for flexible fulfillment. Anyone else seeing this happen at their stores.

I can only hope this is a trend. We are way overdue for a remodel, but if IGS is part of the deal, I don't want it.

I think we are being moved back, as they did not move us in the first place, as part of a remodel. I think the realized that mess of carts and tubs was not really "Target Brand." While there are pluses around our IGS, there also the a ton of minuses. These minuses are bigger than the pluses, as store was not done as part of remodel and it really like it was not belong.

I see it working at some low volume stores; like my former store. It basically worked only 2 cashiers/1 SD TM all day long. And at times where there was no cashier coverage until 10am, we had SD take all transactions.

But the store near my present work has IGS and its a big red bunker. And it took away four regular cashier lanes to install 3 IGS/express lanes.

I work at a ULV store and IGS doesn't work for us either. The guest service team member has no time to accomplish anything. Defectives, repackage and reshop/strays pile up to the moon. In addition since we only have one person behind IGS most of the time if we get one idiot guest who comes up with a full shopping cart then we inevitably get a dozen irritated guests waiting behind that person to process their returns. IGS was a failed idea from the very beginning just as any team member who ever worked up front could have seen coming from a mile away. I really and truly do hope this is true.

it does not work in ultra low stores, unless the former GSD is supposed to look like the compactor. It is that bad :/

Of all the stores I've been in my area, only one has iGS. It gave me some conflict when I went. Though the line was short for iGS, I know Guest Service transactions have the chance to take longer than a usual purchase transaction so I stayed in the regular line which actually took longer. Even though the line was clear, I still stayed in the cashier line until she called me over because checking out at Guest Service just felt... weird.

I dunno, I'm odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back