Service desk tips

azure

Service Advocate
Hello, I was just wondering if you guys could say some tips and tricks you guys at other stores do that help with problems at the service desk. There are lots of problems everyday at the SD. Anything helps such as using MPM to see if a item was inf in a drive up order when the guest think they are missing something. What are things your store does that make the service desk run more smoothly?

Keeping the service desk clean by clearing reshop, trash, and salvage/crc frequently is a great way to keep things running smoothly IMO. Upon completing an OPU, the guest will receive digital conformation via email with the link to a receipt. Any item that went INF in their order will be shown as canceled on their receipt. If you don't know the answer to a question (both your own and a guest's), it is better to ask a GSTL or senior GSTM.

If a “guest” is being especially rude or abusive, call your TL, ETL, and/or, if it’s really bad, AP. We aren’t paid enough to take that crap and you don’t have to be a hero.

I think I would have to know more about what issues you guys are having at service desk every day. I've been exclusively service desk for about ten years now. Be patient, don't let guests rile you up. Be nice, most guests just want someone to be nice to them and listen to them. Keeping it clean like Loading recommended is what I tell my fellow service desk team members. In between guests is best. They will wait.

I 'direct' the transactions at the service desk to make things smooth. Lots of prompting. Hi, how are you? Doing a return? Do you have the receipt/Do you remember how you paid? Was there anything wrong with it? Alright, you'll be getting $X. Do you want it back on the card? Do you have the card on you? You can put it in the card reader when you're ready. Be super communicative and make things clear (but only re: what the guest needs to do, don't try to explain the why of things, people don't care, they just want you to fix it). Keep up with the tasks you need to do while still acknowledging the guests in line. (Gimme one moment, I just need to throw this in the back, one second, just gotta finish writing this down, etc.) I've even had guests get upset when I step away to grab their order because... they thought I was just leaving? So now I say "let me go grab that for you" as I'm stepping away.

Uh, what else. Listen to the guest. Let them vent. Empathize. Be proactive and offer solutions. Someone's item arrived broken? I'm so sorry, that's really frustrating, do you want me to have someone grab you another one/want me to help you order another one with free shipping?

Never accuse. It's always a mistake. Oh, are you sure this is the TV you meant to return? The serial number doesn't match the box.

Back