Archived Service plan for previously purchased iPad mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstm1854

gaining experience
At the service desk, someone who had perviously purchased an iPad mini wanted to by a service plan. Their iPad purchase had been an in-store pick up so they did not have a receipt printed from the register (which includes the serial number), instead they had the receipt they has printed from the email confirmation. That receipt does not include the serial number. So to process the transaction I scanned the appropriate service plan and its s/n, then responded "yes" to " was this a previous purchase?". Then I entered the dpci from the receipt when prompted, then the s/n from the iPad itself. They then paid for the plan and I gave them the receipt and the plan. She became upset that the s/n did not print on the service plan receipt and demanded to know why. I could not answer so I called over a gstl. The gstl was unable to satisfy them so she offered to refund the plan which they accepted.
OK, so what happened? Should the plan receipt have had the s/n printed on it? It did include a different reference number that did not seem to match anything on their receipt or the tablet. I don't think I missed any steps, every prompt was filled with true information, and no glitches or overrides along the way. It seems like the service plan transaction was legitimate.
Any help out there?

The reference number could be the plan number. You could call the number on the esp to confirm & reassure the guest. My question is, was it purchased under 30 days from the date of email slip?

The receipt was dated the previous day, 6/13/2014.
The reference number did not match anything printed on the plan.

Next time just press k3 when prompted. service plans no longer need to be registered as of earl may, however if you do this just have the guest call tge 877 number. They will ask the guest a few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back