Archived Shift Differential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

In January and February, there were several weeks where I was working 40 hours/week on POG team. During one week, I worked 10 pm - 8 am. During the other weeks, it was 3 am to anywhere from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm in the afternoon.

I was and am currently a part-time hardlines team member. Was I supposed to get a shift differential for those weeks I was working with POG team?

If I was, who do I need to talk to?

I know regular overnight tms should get it, but not sure for part time overnight...

Target annie will know :)

if you work between 10pm and 6am (maybe later?) you get it only for the hours within that range

I've worked several overnight shifts and never received it. Do the regular POG tms at your store receive it? If they do, you should have gotten it too, but from what I've read on here, some stores did away with it. The only time I ever got a shift dif was when they offered it for black friday.

I get an additional dollar per hour when i start at 6 am or earlier. When I start in the c.o. at 7 am I dont get.

I would speak to ETL HR.

Last edited:
it depends. some stores may have eliminated it all together or have certain hour minimums to earn it. i know for mine you have to work 3 continuous hrs before 8am, if you are a minute short of that hour window you do not get it, and it ends at 8am. so only $3 per shift, not all 8hrs like it used to be. i'm sure it probably varies by state and store. talk to the rest of your POG team.

And the most important thing to note, which nobody has yet, is that all of this is automatic. HR isn't involved, they don't have to approve or key in your shift differential, etc. It's a purely systematic thing based on the hours you worked; if you're in a market that still pays differential, and your shift qualified for differential, you would have automatically received it.

Now, that's not to say that you shouldn't ask someone about it just to be sure. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up.

You absolutely should have. Pretty sure the regs are standardized. Overnights, and any hours worked until 8, so long as your shift starts by 4, and you should get the extra buck an hour. Definitely ask HR. As PTL said, it should be automated, but sometimes mistakes happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back