Archived Shift hours question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, hope you guys can shed some light on something I've observed about my overnight shift hours. I've only been working at Target for a couple weeks now, and my shifts generally go from 10PM to 5 AM, but my TL and the more senior TMs seem to have shifts that go longer than mine, so it always seems that I'm leaving while my colleagues are still working/finishing up. I'm assuming that there's a benign reason for this, like because it's during a training period for me. But my more paranoid side is concerned that I'm being set up for getting canned down the road because I'm not carrying my weight. I did notice that the other people I started with have also seem to have been assigned shifts from 10-5, I'm pretty sure that my imagination is just being over active. I'm just curious if it's standard practice to give shorter shift hours to less experienced TMs.

On a slightly related note, should be I be writing GTCs to my TL and TMs on presentation thanking them for finishing up after me, or would that be excessive a** kissing? Any suggestions of how to handle GTCs on the overnight shift?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I think you're over thinking it a bit. The newer kids generally get the shorter shifts, especially this time of year. I'm sure the rest of the team would love it if everyone could stick around, that's a better scenario for all involved! Unfortunately it's basically the Hunger Games in retail this time of year, lol.

When I was with Target, come January hours get slashed. Team Leads and the team members that have been there longer kept their hours while the newer team members unfortunately had their hours cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back