Shipt Workers (Not Ship from Store)

We have Shipt in our store constantly after 7:00 in our store now.

In general they are dumber than a box of rocks and lazy.

Just the other day I was near the candy and they Shipt worker wanted me to find EVERYTHING item on his list.

After doing this about six times I told him I had to go to lunch.

Just the other day I was near the candy and they Shipt worker wanted me to find EVERYTHING item on his list
Yk. i wish it just told them the schematic of the isle. and teach them how to read it. idk why they don’t.

Once this shipt shipper came like 8 min before close. and needed help. i literally said “give me your phone” and straight just did it for her. It was like 5 tech items

Sometimes, definitely "dumber than a box of rocks and lazy" is the perfect description. I'd add "ungrateful" to that list because they can't even say thanks after you help them.
Don't think we have as many of them as you do, but when one of them needs help, I'll take a minute to explain the layout of the store - almost always the confusion is with how the back walls are numbered and how those aisle numbers aren't so obvious. And I don't help with more than 2 items. They can't get it after 2 assists, they're on their own.

Once this shipt shipper came like 8 min before close. and needed help. i literally said “give me your phone” and straight just did it for her.
Wow. Above and beyond.

I'm just a GM pusher, usually mornings, so not a lot of interactions with them.

Its newbies that are usually the problem, I think.

One day one of them asked me to help her find some headphones.

After getting her to the aisle and location, after scanning several boxes that all looked the same, it turned out she already had the headphones, the last pair that we had, and they were sitting in her shopping cart the whole time. The box had more than one bar code and she just hadn't scanned the right one.

Another one came in with a partner who was somewhere else in the store with their shopping cart. So, she's just walking around with her arms full of stuff, trying to handle her phone.

She asks me for help finding an item in Electronics.

I find the item right where it was supposed to be, in its aisle, exactly in its location.

Her arms are full, right? Now she wants me to pick the item up off of the shelf for her and place it in her hands.

I just acted like I didn't hear her and walked away.

My landlord and the neighbors used Shipt.

The guy who does it really sharp and does all four houses all at once and knows where everything is at Target.

I see a lot of Shipt people at checkout and there is hardly anything in their baskets.

I don't think they realize they only making about $10 without a tip.

Back