Archived Shoe inserts for working the sales floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, does anybody wear shoe inserts while working the sales floor? I'm a cart attendant and have just been cross trained in hardlines and my knees and feet are suffering quite badly from the not so soft flooring in spot. I purchased Dr. Scholl's "work" inserts, and they get rid of my knee pain pretty much entirely, but they still hurt my feet. Does anybody have any suggestions? I might try the "active" from Dr. Scholl's as it's specifically for people who do a lot of walking/running. I have Nike running shoes, but I guess the tile floors do a number on me even with the support in these shoes. I don't feel like paying $60 for "custom fit" inserts. Thanks for any help!

"Work" insoles are the worst ones.. they are made for office dress shoes... I just started wearing those new ones dr.scholls came out with (they have little massage bumps all over the top and bottom has shock absorbers)..these are pretty awesome a bit of $$ but worth it

I would either try the other inserts or wait it out for a bit. It sounds like you have decent shoes, which is good (it annoys me to no end when people wear flimsy shoes and then complain their feet hurt...I mean, really?). You may also just need to give it a couple of weeks to get used to the new work center. Every time I learned a new work center, there was a bit of pain involved the first few times as my body got used to another way of moving. Eventually it would go away as I acclimated to the changes.

I used the active inserts for the last 6 months or so, they're starting to fall apart now (recommends changing every 6 months which seems accurate), but they did work fairly well. My feet still hurt like hell after an 8-9 hour shift but between walking on concrete and parking lot asphalt and needing to lose some weight I don't think anything's going to entirely eliminate it.

Thanks guys! Cel, I am in the same exact position as you lol I do need to lose some weight so I'm not expecting 100% relief. Plus the "work" insoles were less than $10 with my tm discount and red card. Not too bad! I am probably going to wait it out for a little while and see how they hold up. Thanks again!

Get the gel insoles (not sure if they're the "active" ones or not). The work ones aren't made for running shoes. You need the extra cushion for the concrete flooring. You can "double up" with the work insoles for the added support.

I have to get "custom" insoles from a podiatrist because the floor has wreaked havoc on my feet & knees :( I have a congenital defect in my knees anyway, but even with a cushioned mat in the pharmacy, extra "OTC" insoles in my shoes, & REALLY good shoes, I'm having all kinds of issues with my feet & knees.

You should also have 2 pair of shoes and inserts and alternate days. Shoes need a bounce back period to recover from them being squished all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back