Archived Shopping with some amazing coupons but..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't want to annoy whatever cashier is going to ring me up. I don't want them to panic either. I have a BOGO free q that I'm pairing with a target coupon for one item and using a manufactures and target for another item. It's a small order, but how do I make sure that it doesn't freak someone out. If I'm doing the numbers correctly it'll come out to like 3.00 for 5 decent items. I hate having the crazy coupon ladies and the photoshopped coupons so I know how it feels. The coupons I have are legit from the newspaper (SmartSource & RedPlum). I just don't want to be that BLLEEEP for having such a cheap order.

If you have enough items that the BOGO and free item are each separate from the other coups, you'll be fine (as long as you have the correct items, that is). Do you also have Cartwheel? As a cashier, I like savings as much as the next person, as long as the guest knows how to use the coupon correctly and isn't a fraudster.

If the cashier gives you any prob, call over the GSA/GSTL. They can certainly turn it into a 'teachable moment'.
Even tho I was in front end for 8 yrs, a cashier was arguing with me over it. She lost & I avoid her line even if her line is the shortest.

Yeah. It's just I had problems this whole week with freaky coupons so I don't want to be that a-hole who complained about weird coupons and then bring in almost weird coupons.

Don't worry about it! most of us won't give you any problems unless they are very obviously fake.

I almost always check out with a stack of coupons & cartwheel. The cashiers mostly just end up being impressed at how much I can bring my total down. Not an extreme couponer, but I do manage to usually take a nice chunk off my total.

In general, the above posters are correct -- scan every coupon, if the register accepts the coupon, accept it, that's the official overarching policy.

However, to be more specific (if I understand you correctly), a BOGO coupon (or buy two, get $5 off, etc.) counts for *both* items. So if you picture every item having two "coupon slots" (one Target, one manufacturer), the BOGO coupon fills the Target or manufacturer slot for both items.

So if you had two items you wanted to buy and one manufacturer BOGO coupon, you could only apply Target coupons to either of those after that, not additional manufacturer coupons.

Cartwheel is also in addition to regular coupons, it doesn't fill the "Target coupon" slot but acts more like a sale (when we change the price manually to forcibly accept a Cartwheel coupon, we use "Ad Match" to change the price rather than a manual coupon for the value). So you could get lucky and find a sale/deal, manufacturer coupon, Target coupon and Cartwheel for a single item.

The only "crazy coupon ladies" that annoy me are the people who are clearly and knowingly trying to defraud us (fake or unapplicable high-value coupons*) and the one lady we used to get who didn't speak English and would dump a bag full of over 100 wadded up coupons on my lane and try to get me to go through all of them to figure out which ones would apply. Her kids were always out of control as well while she was trying to get me to sort through her coupons. Eventually she either stopped coming or perhaps we banned her. But I have no problem working through a bunch of coupons, if someone has a bunch I normally just lay them out and do them as we go to make sure they're all good. Now that "Extreme Couponing" is over (I think) and we started enforcing a 4-coupon limit, it's gotten better. I also think companies are wising up as to how they print their coupons (we used to get a lot of people wanting 100 travel pouches of Tide for free because the coupon doesn't say you can't get $1 off of the $1 pouch).

-----
* Worst real but fraudulently used coupon was a couple years ago when there was a $30 coupon for a men's electric razor. The real razor cost $200 but people kept wanting all of our $30 razors for free (and this was before the 4-coupon limit) so we kept having to reshop them. Eventually, the fraudsters got smart and started buying the $200 razor with the $30 coupon then driving to another Target and returning it to make a $30 profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back