Answered Should I be worried???

So I just had my second interview with Target two days ago. The lady made it seem I was hired and even said I would be getting an offer letter in my email within two days; all I had to do was click accept and then I would be able to schedule my first orientation day. I did not get anything since then so I went online to look at my application and now it says "candidate no longer being considered." I don't know if it's just a mistake, or if I suddenly got thrown into the trash bin. Should I call HR and ask about it?

If she went through and told you how to accept the position then maybe you should call, its possible the position got filled. Atleast if you call you can get an answer and not just be sitting there wondering

If you think the interview went well, I'd call and check on the status of your application. If you really are no longer being considered, ask for feedback so you can learn from your experience and do better in future interviews. Depending on how honest the HR person is with you, it might be just a brush-off or they might give you some good advice.
I wouldn't be surprised if the store didn't have quite a few applicants at various steps in the process and they might have filled all the empty positions they had available.

Call HR, a common issue with offer acceptance is not many hiring mangers know that a separate email sends for you to initiate a background check. You will automatically fail this screening if it is not initiated within 48 hours of it being sent. It could have possibly been filtered into your Junk email without you knowing. HR can resend this screening only once so make sure that you do it right away!

Actually you should initiate your background check as a task waiting for you in your profile. It’s no longer the “two emails from Career Builders” to start the background check. But you do only have a small window of time to complete it. If you don’t we assume you don’t want the job enough to bother and we end up passing on you.

Last edited:
Back