Archived Should Senior TL's have TLOD shifts too...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at my store we have 5 sales floor team leaders. 2 of those are Senior Team Leads. I'm one of the 3 that isn't. Currently our senior team leaders never take TLOD so it's left to either myself or the two other sales floor team leaders. So because of rotation I pretty much have to take TLOD every day I work. I get that the senior team leaders have to take LOD shifts, but should they have to take TLOD shifts too? I guess i think it would be nice to have one shift where I don't have to worry about how many pulls are on the line or when someones break is.

At my store, our ONE SrTL is tasked with LOD or TLOD depending on the day/what the store needs. Luckily, at our store, the TLOD shift has just become making the store break schedule, and being responsible for PCV.

TLOD responsibilities vary greatly from store to store, district to district. My current store has TLODs run the store for a full 8 hour shift. The "LOD" is basically a backup. My previous store the TLOD, made sure the break sheets were up, the various audits were completed (delegated), keeping track of the pulls and that they were being worked in a timely manner, lunches were taken on time etc and cover the GSTL breaks and lunches. My current store schedules the TL in an offsite work center so they can be focused on TLOD for the entire shift. The previous store simply had the TLOD work the tasks into their daily routine. In both stores the actual ETLs spend a great deal of time at Starbucks, TMSC and their offices chatting about upcoming weddings, transfers etc. I think if you are going to use the TLOD system, it should have some structure and consistency across the company. It also should not be a "get of work free" card for the ETLs either

at my store, the tlod is responsible for the break, ensuring they are taken on time and within compliance rules. they also have to ensure all the audits like pcv and suspect date audit are completed. lastly we have to stay on top of pulls and stray and ensure they are being worked in a timely manner. while it's not too much, it's just i spend 75% of my day working pulls or worrying about pulls. and the rest is on breaks and covering them/taking my own break.

I always thought the TLOD thing was more related to making sure day to day tasks and team related things (huddle, schedule, breaks, etc) were taken care of while the LOD still handled overall ops, guests wanting the manager, calls for LOD, cash office, etc. If your ETL team is having the TLOD run the store, then I feel like they are abusing them.

at my store, the tlod is responsible for the break, ensuring they are taken on time and within compliance rules. they also have to ensure all the audits like pcv and suspect date audit are completed. lastly we have to stay on top of pulls and stray and ensure they are being worked in a timely manner. while it's not too much, it's just i spend 75% of my day working pulls or worrying about pulls. and the rest is on breaks and covering them/taking my own break.

Our store doesn't have a real program around TLOD, but we usually have an opening/closing (sometimes a mid) TL that handles huddles, breaks for the team, and that's really it. The LOD takes care of pretty much everything else. I think it's good for TLs to take on a bigger role but this sounds a little excessive.

Our store doesn't have a real program around TLOD, but we usually have an opening/closing (sometimes a mid) TL that handles huddles, breaks for the team, and that's really it. The LOD takes care of pretty much everything else.

My store does pretty much the same thing these days, though I haven't heard mention of the term "TLOD." We never did before the AE14 cuts (which actually happened before AE14).

My current store doesn't really have TLODs. We started to implement it, but no one really followed it, so it kind of died off. My last store though had more than just the sales floor TLs do TLOD. Every team leader had a rotation (minus Cafe, Starbucks and the Senior TLs) including PATL, PTL, GSTL, Flow and Backroom/Instocks TL. Sales floor TLs had 2-3 shifts a week, and the others usually had 1-2. Usually the early morning TLs would take opening TLOD, then sales floor would take mid and close. It actually worked pretty well and increased communication between the TLs. We were a pretty tight leadership team. But if it weren't for that help from the other TL's, I would have hated having to take TLOD everyday. I'm glad that our STL split the load more between everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back