Should Target bring back Presentation TL position?

Sparkle5, don’t decline before you even try. Two and a half hours IS a long time for ANY SPL, even one that changes a lot, has shippers, ISM, or is a focal.
If that tm has done SPL before I am not surprised anyone questioning it taking 2.5 hours.
An endcap listed under transition workload simply means it is a permanent endcap that the pog team should set, not necessarily merch in the ad Like a SPL.

If you are just learning everyone will know it is going to take time until you know what you are doing. The more you know the better — give it a chance - learn. You may surprise yourself and like it.

I read in the April monthly planner that they will have a presentation delegate to do salesplans and revisions. Can wait to see if that come to light. I guess spot is realizing that having 1 person do many jobs that a specialty team used to do. Now bring back the backroom team!
lol I told my ETL a week ago when I saw the monthly planner "hey see it recommends scheduling a TM to do pricing, SPLs and revisions specifically" She said "ok but IDK where we would pull all those hours from" and made the schedule as usual. Personally I would prefer we schedule out workload and figure out truck/pulls as they happen and TMs call out since it varies day to day. But I am just a lowly TL and have nothing to do with the schedule other than making suggestions. TBH I'm happy we've even scheduled out hours for transitions. Revisions and salesplans are a battle for later.

That’s how the pog team set larger transitions before modernization. Now it’s tidbit by tidbit done daily.
This is truly miserable and I apologize for any of you that have to go through that.

The first wave of modernization took me to a 730am truck process and it broke me. The way they wanted it done was insanity. It was a good catalyst to go find a new career though, so in a way it was a positive 🤔

Wow. Today I was guided through the mydevice Set info. The aisle I m supposed to train on is "next week" and is listed under Transition with 0 hours alloted!! I walked the aisle today real quick it's in beauty with 4 sections 5 shelves . No one else mentioned if they are training me next week other then TL. A TM who did an endcap transition Sunday was told the assignment was a salesplanner but it came up under Transition and it took them 2.5 hours doing every step alone.They said the mydevice time allotment was 12 minutes and they got questioned why it took so long. Getting battle shy. Can I decline the training offer???
Don't be scared off before even giving it a try. The allotted time can be weird, in both directions, so use it more as a rough guideline. I agree with @Far from newbie that taking 2.5 hours for a SPL is way too long, unless it's something like the permanent lip balm end cap and it's getting a total re-do.
I'd never turn down an offer to learn a new skill. My first solo transition took me way longer than it should have, but that's because I was doing extra things I now know I don't need to do. We can learn a lot from making mistakes!

Target should do a lot of things. It should have realistic workload goals; invest in the team it already has with increased payroll, consistent hours, and again, realistic workload. I love how after the Price Change Debacle Corporate’s solution is, “designate some people and figure it out.” THAT IS WHY THE DEBACLE HAPPENED.
^This 100%! And speaking of the Price Change Debacle, my local store still has incorrect price labels up. Just last week I noticed several were posted at $7.99 for $9.99 items, and I doubt thats a unique situation. Spot really needs a fully staffed Price Change TL and team. Guess they figure those fat fines are cheaper then doing things right and expending some payroll.🙄
Just a quick update: It took three weeks, but the $7.99 labels are gone. Now there are no labels there at all…😂

This is truly miserable and I apologize for any of you that have to go through that.

The first wave of modernization took me to a 730am truck process and it broke me. The way they wanted it done was insanity. It was a good catalyst to go find a new career though, so in a way it was a positive 🤔

To be fair, the changes to transition takes about half the time it use to take. Not a lot of new fixtures, shelves staying mostly the same, less aisle moves, same backer paper. I do give HQ props for that.

To be fair, the changes to transition takes about half the time it use to take. Not a lot of new fixtures, shelves staying mostly the same, less aisle moves, same backer paper. I do give HQ props for that.

I was in charge of plano for quite some time, the only set we ever really struggled with with cosmetics.

Cosmetics was the devil.

Same here. I loooooove setting and pushing cosmetics. I hate the chaotic carts and carts of fixtures that accumulate throughout the week, though.

This last time setting I used repacks on a flat for the week. Then stowed away any I felt we needed to keep just in case (not much this time) and tossed the rest. Always seem to run out of carrier trays & flat trays though.....never seem to get sent enough of those. 🫤

^This 100%! And speaking of the Price Change Debacle, my local store still has incorrect price labels up. Just last week I noticed several were posted at $7.99 for $9.99 items, and I doubt thats a unique situation. Spot really needs a fully staffed Price Change TL and team. Guess they figure those fat fines are cheaper then doing things right and expending some payroll.🙄

Just a quick update: It took three weeks, but the $7.99 labels are gone. Now there are no labels there at all…😂
One more quick update: A week later the $9.99 cat treats have a label again. Of course it says $7.99. Again.🙄 Not sure if I should 😂or😢.

Back