Service & Engagement Shutting down Bullseye’s Playground

Please forgive me if this has come up before, is a frequent topic, or If there’s a better place to post. But has there ever been a serious discussion about removing Bullseye’s Playground?

I’m an ex-team member and have been gone many years, but I still cringe walking past that wasteland of cheap, useless junk that comes from China, all too frequently in boxes with an excessive amount of packing that have only TWO items in them!

it just seems terrible for the environment, wasteful, ugly, messy, and so out of line with all the beautiful, carefully curated sections that are newer.

And does any front end person actually like stocking it? Unless you have an obsession with scavenger hunts or a glitter fetish, I just always found it awful.

As a former employee, did I sign anything that would get me in major trouble for petitioning the store to get rid of it?

Or do team members actually like it?

Thanks for any and all replies.

Last edited:
Certainly, but just because some non-disposable items are made in China doesn’t mean there isn’t a serious problem with importing cheap, disposable, plastic, things that nobody needs from China.

What do you mean: again? Really? You know that it’s bad, and I’m sure you know that there are safer alternatives. So yes, again (really) Rich Target with their pro-environment products and initiatives they are pushing can do better. And nobody has ever shown me a cheaper way to save on shipping materials than to not ship junk in the first place.

Great, maybe there’s a place for those items in the store and not next to the $1 pack of plastic wacky pencil toppers that are also available at the dollar store.
Look, Target sells what people buy. There are so many things that Target sells that no one actually "needs." A lot of what's in the store falls into the "want" category, and that includes cheap little trinkets. If something doesn't earn its space on the shelf, it goes away with the next transition. The people you need to convince of your cause are the guests who buy the stuff, not Target buyers who are looking for product to attract guests to the store and buy the stuff along with their laundry detergent and dog food.
You're fighting a "chicken & egg" battle, and it's a losing battle. Spend your money on things you believe are worth it; if where a product is made is important to you, great.
Personally, I prefer to not use products that are tested on animals and I don't shop at Walmart because I don't like their business model. Is any of that going to make a difference to Proctor & Gamble, as a for instance, or Wally World? No, but I feel better knowing that my money isn't supporting those companies.

Back