Slander from a boss is legal

• Only if it's between managers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if the involved parties are present

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I began working full time since July as Flex, mainly in SFS. I was named captain in October. In January one ETL with an ego problem decided to throw static my way and boss me around, telling me to stop leading the SFS team. I obliged and when the LOD of SFS asked why I wasn't leading the team I relayed the ETL's orders. I got flack from the LOD for that, but told her I'm not playing their juvinile games and they need to meet and straighten this out as I am only a TM. She didn't like that one bit and had me cut from SFS.

My hours went from 32+ a week to 8 a week. I lost any chance of medical benefits. When the structure of positions changed this year there were two of my team mates who were there for a shorter time than myself and have less experience in warehouse/SFS operations (but are still great young candidates for the job) that were promoted to lead the SFS team. When they questioned the SFS LOD why I wasn't promoted she told them I couldn't handle the job. If I'm not mistaken it is illegal for bosses to discuss matters involving another employee with unrelated and uninvolved employees.

(*Rant*This is the same LOD who told me to clock out and finish taking pallet after pallet of SFS to the loading docks to ship. The same boss who would ask me to come in from midnight to 8am to fix the backroom because it was a fire hazard).

I digress, as I would simply love legal advice and insider input. Thank you!

Last edited:
Being asked to work after clocking out is a problem, bigtime.

Being asked to work midnight to 8am? Do you have open availability? If so, then congrats that’s a longer shift than most people get these days.

Most of the other stuff is just the norm for stores with shitty leadership etc. Also, you’ve been there less than a year so it’s not shocking your hours will take a hit as most of the people being allowed to stay on the 32+ benefits gravy train are the longtimers we can’t afford to lose and who aren’t afraid to put squabbling leaders in their place. At least at my store. ASANTS.

If I were you definitely would've just left the mess for them to fix why bother its their place not yours to worry about.

I doubt you would find a lawyer willing to take on this case because it wouldn't be worth it to either of you. As @busyzoningtoys stated, this is par for stores with crappy managers. Your choices, as I see them, are: go to your ETL-HR or SD and talk to them about the incidents, call the hotline and report the incidents (and suffer the backlash from these managers), tough it out as long as you can until these people are cycled out, or find a new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back