Archived Smh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowChick

Expect The Unexpected
So I went to a Super Target yesterday and witnessed some angry lady yelling at the Cashier who was ringing me up about how long her manager was taking to meet her.

Apparently she was pissed off because nobody would "help her find her 11 yo kid."

Omg! I'm so happy I no longer work at Target and have to feel like some kind of servant!

I know if it was me, Iprobably would have been rude. It took all my power not to tell this lady off!

How hard is it to keep track of your child!? I had all 3 of mine with me, no problem!

Lol just had to share...

'Bout the only thing the cashier could be expected to do is either put on her blinker to get a GSTL/GSA over to "request an LOD to lane x for a code yellow" or to call the operator to make the same request.
Cashiers don't have walkies so they can only call or use a blinker & even then they tend to get ignored.

Code Yellow supercedes all other responsibilities. The cashier should've dropped everything and brought the guest to guest service.
At least that's what I would do. I'm not really sure what best practice is.

The cashier asked her if she wanted to wait at Guest Services, and the lady snapped at her that they were supposed to meet her there.

I just don't understand. I know Super Target is big, but how do you lose your child?

How doesn't this family even survive when they go to malls, or fairs????

She reminded me of this story an old TL told me about...

Lady goes up to an employee and informs him she has lost her child.
They call a a code yelllow and everyone starts searching for said child.

Meanwhile her boyfriend walks out with a cart full of stuff.

She slips out too.

AP checks the cameras. The couple never even brought a child with them.......

Smh!!!!

This one lady got angry with my former co worker one time because SHE lost HER WALLET while TALKING on HER PHONE.

I witnessed her tell him she lost it. That she was only in these few aisles.

He checks a few aisles and tells her to go to guest service so AP could check the cameras. She gets angry and searches for it herself. She finds it in a different place she had said it was!

She then proceeds to wave it in his face and yell at him that he should have helped her! "You done ignore the customer!"

Storms off. Complains to a ETL she wants a manager. When she tells her she is a manager. She looks her up and down and tells her she can't be a manager. But complains anyway.

I'm not sure why she didn't think she was a manager. I wonder if it was because she didn't think "a woman" could be a boss.

Smh.....lol.

I had the same thing happen once. A lady lost her debit card in the back of seasonal. I'm thinking in my mind, how the fuck? Why would you be fiddling with your debit card in the back of the store? I have to be calm and have a 'sense of urgency' so I ask around my employees. And she asks the same people. I'm finally just like, I'll help you look, but going to guest service is about all I can say.. How annoying too. I once found a phone sitting on coloring books and took it straight to guest service. When I was taking reshop back later, a girl came asking about a lost phone. It was hers. She thanked the GSA so much, but she said hey don't thank me, it was him who found it! Felt pretty good haha.

I had a similar situation where a guest lost her phone and asked me to help look for it. Luckily we both had iPhones and I was able to use Find My iPhone on my phone to locate it.

I had the same thing happen once. A lady lost her debit card in the back of seasonal. I'm thinking in my mind, how the fuck? Why would you be fiddling with your debit card in the back of the store? I have to be calm and have a 'sense of urgency' so I ask around my employees. And she asks the same people. I'm finally just like, I'll help you look, but going to guest service is about all I can say.. How annoying too. I once found a phone sitting on coloring books and took it straight to guest service. When I was taking reshop back later, a girl came asking about a lost phone. It was hers. She thanked the GSA so much, but she said hey don't thank me, it was him who found it! Felt pretty good haha.

That's awesome! :) Honest people are rare!

I had a similar situation where a guest lost her phone and asked me to help look for it. Luckily we both had iPhones and I was able to use Find My iPhone on my phone to locate it.

Nice!

I don't know the situation but it sounds like a code yellow and should be taken seriously. If that happened at my store everyone drops everything and starts calling out areas and blocking doors.

Yea I mean I don't know the whole situation either. That's pretty much all I heard. Who knows if the Manager even knew the problem. But since the Cashier heard her say that, she probably could have done more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back