Archived Snitch or not Snitch.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a team member do something that they shouldn't of been doing ( eating a breaksticks at food avenue) she didn't think anyone saw her but I did and it is a big no-no at our store eating food that should be thrown away. The problem is she is miss goody two shoes friends with some of the ETLs so basically if I snitch she will know it. What should I do? Keep my mouth shut? Tell?

Have you seen this happen more than once? If so, you may want to go to your AP person and tell him/her about what you saw and when. Then leave it up to AP to make the decision from there.

If this is a repeating behavior and it is a big no-no to eat at your store, then this eating TM is breaking the rules by eating and could also be considered stealing it. This is a slippery slope....your AP person should know best how to handle this.

If this behavior continues call the Integrity Hotline and tell them what what is happening.

Thanks for the laugh!

I would understand if this person was stealing merchandise, but eating breadsticks? I really hope this is a joke.

I saw a team member do something that they shouldn't of been doing ( eating a breaksticks at food avenue) she didn't think anyone saw her but I did and it is a big no-no at our store eating food that should be thrown away. The problem is she is miss goody two shoes friends with some of the ETLs so basically if I snitch she will know it. What should I do? Keep my mouth shut? Tell?

Of for fu**s sake.

I would tell her on the side that it might get her in trouble and advise against it. From that point on, it is on her. If someone in leadership wants to make an issue about it, I can promise you they will do so. AP sees and hears far more than most TMs realize.

Yes I have seen her do it twice I guess I will tell her and if she says something snarky it's up to AP to watch her if they aren't already.

If you tell and she finds out it was you be prepared to be labeled a snitch,fraud,fake,loser all types of names in your store.

Thanks for the laugh!

I would understand if this person was stealing merchandise, but eating breadsticks? I really hope this is a joke.

Actually that is far from a joke. I have heard about Cafe TM's fired from my store for eating pizza and breadsticks that normally would have been thrown out. Not a laughing matter.

dont rat her out there is enough drama at target already. the only thing you wold be doing is adding fuel to the fire. like i always say karma is a bi*ch

I have lost so many tms from sampling product or eating product that suppose to be QMOS. They think just because there no cameras in the back they can eat away or no one cares. One of our brand attendants was caught eating pizzas out of the trash once and guess who walked in....our ETL-AP , he was going to sign of the closing signature on the temp logs. She was gone the next day.

Did you ever stop to think maybe, just maybe, the person is hungry and hasn't the funds to properly feed themselves or their family? Treat it as a moment of compassion first and then, if they confirm no hardship, that people are aware of their actions and there would likely be consequences should it be seen again.

nothing good ever comes out of snitching, do what you think is the best thing to do.

She was eating bread sticks? She should be going to trial with the Boston Bomber, what an evil woman. We should burn this witch at the stake! TLDR who gives two flying ****s.

to add on what i said... if this TM isnt hurting you or affecting you in anyway, u should really just not say a word

I have lost so many tms from sampling product or eating product that suppose to be QMOS. They think just because there no cameras in the back they can eat away or no one cares. One of our brand attendants was caught eating pizzas out of the trash once and guess who walked in....our ETL-AP , he was going to sign of the closing signature on the temp logs. She was gone the next day.

out of the trash. what.

TargetTeam, as long as you've been on these boards, you probably already knew the answer you were going to be given. I agree with those who say not to tell, and I do like the idea of warning this person that they're not being as sneaky as they think. However, if you've spotted them, AP probably has as well. Don't worry about it, but also don't lie if AP or an ETL asks you about it.

You'll be a lot less stressed if you don't make it your mission to ensure that everyone is following the rules.

We had a guy at FA who would take the pizzas 'around the back to qmos & toss' until another TM caught him eating one. He warned him saying "Dude, do you know how many cameras are hidden back HERE?!"
He shrugged it off until AP busted him.
He told them he didn't have anything to eat home but he still got termed.

You can't get termed for grazing, you would have to be coached and then placed on correctives.
Hate to say it but you can be termed for consumption if it a repeated pattern of activity. Once or twice coaching but if every day that you work you make yourself a free hot dog or pizza you're gone. Been through it and heard about it multiple times.

OP, I say you should let one of your AP team members know on the side. They will not think any less of you and they will not tell anyone outside of AP where they got the information. If someone is consuming food what is to say they aren't stealing merchandise.

One other thing for everyone that is saying if it isn't bothering you just leave it alone let's change the circumstances. What if you see this team member stealing merchandise? Are you going to tell someone or are you going to let them rob the store blind because it isn't directly affecting you?

I had a couple TLs busted for stealing food and supplies. There are definitely hidden cameras back in FA. I had to AP's test dummy when they replaced them one time.

I would be careful if they are friends with your ETLs. Type up an anonymous note and leave it with the FATL. If it continutes, put another anonymous letter in the AP and ETL-GE mailboxes.

A long time ago, I reported a FATM to my ETLs for not following proper food service procedures, and they just let it go a number of times. I then submitted a couple guest surveys, in the view of a guest, that pointed out the TM for leaving FA a mess, let food get cold or run out, or let hot dogs on all day (which were all true). That got the ETLs attention finally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back