Archived Snowstorm is gonna bring the cuts alot faster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the midwest and we got hit by Hercules. Truck was so small that we didn't have any freight in Chemicals or in Health and Beauty. 3rd Floor was pretty light too.

So relieved I'm reducing my schedule for the next month.

Spot won't close it stores on a bad snowy day. I got 4 inches of the white stuff & spot will be open on time.

We had windchills of -10 Thursday might and people were doing normal shopping, like Retail Girl said. It's insane, I would NOT have left my house for anything.

Wind chills are forecasted to be as low as -60° here in MN this weekend and into Monday. We're used to the snow, ice, and cold, but not to this extent.

I'm shivering just thinking about it!

It's all about layers.
If you don't have long johns get a light pair of socks and put a heavy pair over them, then put on your boots.
Tuck your pants into you boots.
Put your T-shirt, a light shirt, a heavy shirt, then your jacket.
If you don't have long johns see if you can find a pair of light pajama bottoms you can wear under a baggy pair of jeans.
Don't forget to wear a damned hat and put up the hood if you have one.
Get a scarf and breath through it.
Mittens are better than gloves, keep your hands in your pockets as much as you can.
Keep your ears covered.
I lived in weather where it went down to -65 F.
This is tolerable.

It was -9 F this morning when I went in at 6, with a windchill of -30 something. People were still at the store at 8 am wanting to shop. We were fairly busy all day. Not as busy as usual, but busier than I expected. I was shocked at the number of people dragging their kids out in this weather though. I get every school in the area is closed but seriously stay home and stay warm. It's gonna be warm again here in like 2 days, come shop then.

our store is considered an emergency location if there were a disaster or something, so we never close due to weqther. we went without power for 8 days a few years ago during an ice storm. those were some fun days because nobody was in the store, it was productive for sure!!

I was shocked at the number of people dragging their kids out in this weather though. I get every school in the area is closed but seriously stay home and stay warm. It's gonna be warm again here in like 2 days, come shop then.
Most moms of "leave the house for school" kids were beyond going stir crazy with their kids tho.... They were thriving on outings and counting days until break would end.

(I homeschool, as do a lot of my friends, so it doesn't phase us to have our kids at home extra days on break! our poor kids don't often get snow/weather days :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back