Archived so do STLs actually go to crappy scoring stores willingly or are they forced into it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typically if a store is doing bad enough that the dtl needs to clean house they'll put a seasoned STL in place to bring it up to brand expectations.

This happened at the store I'm currently at. They brought in a veteran stl and within two and a half years they've brought the store up two sales volume grades, have established a culture of accountability that wasn't there, and has green metrics across the board.

Of course getting p-fresh helped, but without that Stl's leadership this store would have never been doing this well.

We lost a couple of really good ETLs that way because they were known "fixers" sent to problem stores.

our last STL seems to be the "fixer" for the area....from what I understand our store was pitiful before she got here and then she was quickly moved to a store (like we knew about it 2 days before she left) that "lost" 2 inventory trucks during the Christmas season. She came from other stores that had the same turn around. I always said that I hoped that the new store was closer to her home...she was an hour and a half away with us.

Theres a bunch of reasons that STL take RED stores. Like the reasons stated above, but they also get a salary bump if they take on a red store. Two previous STL's at my store (the one before the one that just got walked out) was know as the "cleaner" for the Group, until he came to our store which was almost "Puking Green" and still used the "cleaner" mentality and our store ended up cleaning him. Great guy, but got into to much of a routine.

Typically if a store is doing bad enough that the dtl needs to clean house they'll put a seasoned STL in place to bring it up to brand expectations.

This happened at the store I'm currently at. They brought in a veteran stl and within two and a half years they've brought the store up two sales volume grades, have established a culture of accountability that wasn't there, and has green metrics across the board.

Of course getting p-fresh helped, but without that Stl's leadership this store would have never been doing this well.

Our last STL moved to a really bad store in another state. Our store is fairly green and we are even in top 10 on some of the guest survey scores for our group. I was told that this other store ranks at the bottom of almost everything for the district and I am sure that they rank in bottom 1/2 for their group too. That is why our old STL was sent there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back