Archived So.. how okay would it be to wear this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDMQDcl.jpg

Would it be worth possibly bringing this up to an STL to wear on race days? I think it'd be pretty cool to show support to Larson and Target/CG Racing(covering the fake name tag with our own, of course).

Ask your ETL-HR, your ETL, or your STL. All stores are not the same. While it would probably be OK/ignored at my store, you might get a talking to at your own store.

It might depend on the store and the location. Where I am I don't think many people know much about car racing. I think it's more of an area/regional thing. I would think it would be great if Target allowed employees to show support for a team Target endorses publicly.
When I worked for another retailer - we were always allowed to wear paraphernalia and clothing pertaining to the car, the name and the number. They even had the car (or one that looked like the race car) travel to store locations for fun days to promote racing.

You can where a shirt with the Target name and/or logo. I don't think that would fly especially with all the other logos.

I'd ask your STL- I think it would be a fun thing for race days. So long as the rest of your uniform is on point, that is.

At my former store we could have people wearing pink, so it probably wouldn't be an issue. ASANTS, ask supervisor.

It would be ok at our store because target sponsors it. I have event shirts from a local event that target sponsored that are red we wear. They say event staff on the back in big letters. I know target used to sell a race shirt with just a small car number on it...one of our br guys had one.

I think the issue would be with the other logos. But who knows if your LODs will notice/care.

I'd lean towards no, just based on all the logos on the front side. The backside is fine with just the name and number though I'd say. Obviously check with your store. Heck, we actually have one team member who from time to time wears a spider man shirt and the STL loves it.

I'm a NASCAR fan, and I can't believe that with the amount of money Spot spends on sponsorship they don't carry any related merchandise? That and how few STLs etc even know who Kyle Larson is???

I'm a NASCAR fan, and I can't believe that with the amount of money Spot spends on sponsorship they don't carry any related merchandise? That and how few STLs etc even know who Kyle Larson is???

Where I live, not a lot of people follow NASCAR, and I'm gonna take a wild guess that most STLs don't. Kyle Larson was a rookie last year, and Target's previous driver was Juan Pablo Montoya (who retired from NASCAR and now races in IndyCar).

A GSTL at my store got away with wearing a local football team's burgundy jersey. Nothing was said, at least not to my knowledge.

It'd be okay at my store if the TM in question could speak to Target Racing. Obviously the T-Shirt is going to bring in a few guest questions and I'd need the TM to be able to answer those questions(Being passionate about Nascar, or Larson is, etc). It'd be a great guest speaking point. Otherwise it'd just look like Target is forcing it's TM's to wear advertising without knowing what it is they are advertising.

don't we sell all the items (logos) on the tee shirt? well except chevy
Not only that, there's a new commercial on all the TVs in electronics that's based on racing and has all of those logos together on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back