Archived So I understand reviews are coming up again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was supposed to get a U last year because I was on a final in 2011. My TL talked to me ETL and she persuaded me to get an IE. Woo, 5 cents!

Raises are horrible here; at ShopRite I went up $3 in 3 years doing the same exact thing. I've been at Target 5 years and only gotten maybe $1 in merit raises (the rest was a market workcenter raise an ETL-HR accidentally promised [.25] and then when they cut the shift diff, they raised our pay. [.60]) My current job, I got a $3 raise after six months.

Last edited:
are the review questions the same as years past. I am very new in role and want to start thinking about what I will be evaluating on.
Is capping out legit and how does that work. are there seriously people who can no longer earn a raise because they have been there for so long?

So these reviews aren't following anniversary dates?

In other news, a fellow TM asked me last week if I had a pay increase on my last check. I usually don't pay attention so I looked and nope nada. Well I look at today's check and surprise! My pay rate is up 25 cents/hr. He was asking because he was trying to decode the "formula" of who got this bump. Now I'm really curious.

So these reviews aren't following anniversary dates?

In other news, a fellow TM asked me last week if I had a pay increase on my last check. I usually don't pay attention so I looked and nope nada. Well I look at today's check and surprise! My pay rate is up 25 cents/hr. He was asking because he was trying to decode the "formula" of who got this bump. Now I'm really curious.

Did minimum wage go up in your state?

I've heard the explanation that if the store isn't doing that well than even if the TMs are working their hardest they must not be doing enough so they don't deserve raises.
But somehow leadership ALWAYS gets their bonuses.:angry2:

Well, they'll tell you how it wasn't nearly as much as last year like that's supposed to make you feel bad.

I've heard the explanation that if the store isn't doing that well than even if the TMs are working their hardest they must not be doing enough so they don't deserve raises.
But somehow leadership ALWAYS gets their bonuses.:angry2:

Well, they'll tell you how it wasn't nearly as much as last year like that's supposed to make you feel bad.

lol, at my store they always tell us they don't get bonuses. We all know they are full of it.

Our DTL personally told all our TLs that we shouldn't expect decent raises and to set the same expectation for our TMs. Target isn't even trying to motivate anymore.

Well considering what I read in another thread that you have people here who have upwards of ninety reviews to write on their own, plus their self reviews (what a joke those are) and all the other paperwork that is poured on, a little cut and paste is the least of our worries.

How can they expect fair evaluations under those circumstances?
It's not reasonable to expect someone to do a decent job of reviewing their peoples job performances for an entire year under those conditions.
I've done reviews, they aren't easy if you're going to do them right.

This is my problem. I want to do a fair job and be honest and not copy and paste but I have no idea how to do that. Some of my team members I literally never work with or work with them one time every two weeks. We will see what the next month brings! I did get 4 of my 90 day reviews done today. I love that you no longer have to document them. Much faster and I felt like a more meaningful conversation with those team memebers.

Did another TL work with them? When this happens at our store or if the team leads have swapped around durring the year, we trade tm's for reviews for the input and then add our own to the review so it is a mix of the leader u worked with and the one you have now looking forward to working more with you.

This year's reviews:
"You did a good job considering you didn't have enough hrs & your equipment works like crap. We don't have any money for raises so you don't get one but you get to keep your job. Congrats."

I'd rather hear that than some blatant lie from a newbie TL like, "Even though you have only been back for 6 months and used to be a TL in the very department you are working in, there are several things you still need to learn about the current process."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back