Archived So this crazy thing happened today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a guest trying to return a shirt using her (non-REDcard) debit card. It kept saying "Item Not Found" but she insisted that she used that card and that she never keeps receipts since we can look it up for her... blah, blah, blah... Well, come to find out, the shirt was tagged for the Canadian stores and our register didn't recognize it!! It must have gotten to our store by mistake. I didn't know that sewn into the shirt is an American DPCI that we can use in a case like this! Thought I would share!! I love learning new things! ;-)

interesting that they would use different DPCI in the canadian stores but still have the ones for stateside sewn into them

Thanks for the info, wonder if price accuracy knows about this for NOF..it might be Canadian!

This reminds me, a couple of months ago a guest brought a picture frame through my check lane and it wouldn't scan, I looked closely and noticed that next to the barcode it said "Target Canada" and the DPCI had a few extra numbers

It happened again to me tonight!!! It was a piece of furniture! Had to call ETL-HL, she got us the DPCI from the strip label... but this HAS to be affecting counts!!

Are you in a border store? I'm slightly nervous now, since my store is pretty close to the border.

I'm a state away! Probably 8-9 hours from the border... happened twice now... Makes me wonder what's going on, how can it be getting shipped to the wrong stores!?!?

I'm in Virginia and I keep getting things from the Canadian store left in my pricing not-on-file area. So far I have either marked them As-Is or if I can find the exact item I have re-monarched them with the American DPCI (and have the Instocks team update the count). Annoying!

hmm, interesting....

Is this freight that is coming from your regular RDC? If so I would have to think the root cause of the mis-labled freight would have had to originate from the IW since Canada got it's own network of RDC's (three of them) but no IW's IIRC.

otherwise why would a customer be returning something they bought in Canada in Virginia.

We got several items (mostly infant clothes) from our RDC. They're identical to our American products. The tag is in English and French. Weird thing is, they're the same price.

We got several items (mostly infant clothes) from our RDC. They're identical to our American products. The tag is in English and French. Weird thing is, they're the same price.

Well lately the Loonie is worth about .98 $ so keeping the the price the same doesn't hurt much.

It's funny, I often get TP's whinging about products having English and Spanish on the boxes like it's an affront to have to find the language they can read.
I've never had them complain about the boxes that have French and English.
Friend of mine grew up in Canada.
He spoke Chinese (two kinds courtesy of his parents), French and English.
Our attitude about language confuses him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back