Archived So what's the process for TL to SrTL promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISign

Target Guest
So I originally applied for the intern program but now it seems I was set up with a SrTL interview. After the interviews (one with recruiter, one with ETL hr, and one with STL) he mentioned he has the option of making the position a SrTL or just a team lead to start with option of making it a SrTL based on how they feel the candidate they select will best fit..
So I was wondering if I were selected, and started as just a TL, what's the process of becoming SrTL? Is it another interview, or are they capable of simply saying we see from performance you're doing well we want to make you SrTL..?

Go, man, go! It sounds like you are stellar! You are skipping the tl position & getting srtl offer job, instead. Take it, take it...
I have seen it happen once at my store, they were an etl within a year at a new store.

Any input? and Thank HLMaster, I'm not sure what they will put me in they said they have the ability to make it Sr or just TL at first. I would love the responsibility of Sr TL, as I want to move up to ETL upon graduation..

But again with the main question, does anyone know what the process of moving from TL to SrTL is like?

Also, if you make it to the DTL interview is that a pretty good sign you have it? Or do they send something like the top 3.. or w/e?

So it sounds like you were told you could be made a SrTL or a regular TL. I went through a similar situation when I applied, so feel free to PM me.

My understanding of the process is (if you're originally made a TL), you wait for a SrTL position to open up (if your store is at head count for SrTLs you'll have to wait). Then you can apply, then interview (with ETL-HR, STL, then DTL). Usually (my opinion) if you make it to DTL interview it's a good chance you'll get the position.

Rock or insiteful, needs some help here. If you did the dtl interview, that's a good sign.

In the past, there has been the store-side interviews and then a DTL and HRBP interview generally over the phone. The DTL was the last one when I went through, but that was before the cuts to the BP positions. I wonder if they cut that out as a requirement due to the HRBP covering multiple districts now? It would make sense since the DTL is supposed to be the main leader of his area now.

Rock or insiteful, needs some help here. If you did the dtl interview, that's a good sign.

In the past, there has been the store-side interviews and then a DTL and HRBP interview generally over the phone. The DTL was the last one when I went through, but that was before the cuts to the BP positions. I wonder if they cut that out as a requirement due to the HRBP covering multiple districts now? It would make sense since the DTL is supposed to be the main leader of his area now.

To your knowledge, do they typically have a decision right after the DTL is complete (the dtl gives you the decision if hired) or do they inform the STL and the STL or ETL-HR calls?

@ISign -- the DTL called my store's STL and ETL-HR to let them know of his decision after my interview. I didn't interview with the hrbp.

Thank you. Yeah I'm currently external, but I'm still assuming it'd be the STL at the store I interviewed at..

Well, I interviewed with the HRBP and then I simply did a status with the DTL since he knew me already (no questions) and then told me he was going to pass me either way. I don't have experience on the actual interviews in that sense :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back