Archived Social Media and Target-- Workbench Post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what the workbench post was about Target and social media today? I saw it but didn't have a chance to read it. I walk on eggshells with Target and social media to begin with, but with my luck it'll be something like "beginning immediately... bla bla bla, termination" and then I'm toast for not reading it.

Ohh big brother in red. :wacko:

i'll have to look at it on monday, after i spend the whole weekend bitching about red on my fb

I didn't see it, personally, but the big message Spot always likes to send home is to make sure you are not revealing any confidential company information via your Facebook, Twitter, etc. accounts. They always send out a gentle reminder about it around this time because Q4 and holiday is right around the corner. They just want to make sure we aren't revealing things like Holiday store hours, Black Friday doorbuster deals, and the all-important opening time. This may not be the exact message that was on WorkBench but more than likely that is the gist of it.

I haven't been on Workbench to see such a notice, but we have a poster about it in my store. From another thread:

For what it's worth, when I was leaving my store this morning, I saw a new notice posted on our HR board about the social media policy. Right away, I thought of "Gregg." It could just be a coincidence, but Spot does lurk and it wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason for the notice.

That's kinda scary. Have all forum members been safe from being identified by the company ?

That's kinda scary. Have all forum members been safe from being identified by the company ?

As long as you don't use your real name or get too specific about your location you should be good.
When Spot grabbed the site the things they didn't get was IPs and emails.
Just be circumspect and you'll be OK.

This is why I hardly ever post anything about Spot on my Facebook. Maybe funny stories and such, but never anything very negative or anything that hasn't been announced to the public yet.

This is why I hardly ever post anything about Spot on my Facebook. Maybe funny stories and such, but never anything very negative or anything that hasn't been announced to the public yet.

Without getting too specific, because I'm sure I'm the only goddamn person this would happen to... I was put on a CA for something said to another team member on Facebook that had NOTHING to do with spot. It didn't have to do with guests or anything illegal or immoral either. It was perceived that I was being mean to someone who happens to be my best friend... and that I could be creating a hostile work environment. Despite the fact that my BEST FRIEND would have been willing to come in and say "it's an inside joke!!!"... official write-up anyways. Spot... get your nose out of my BUTT!!

commiecorvus, I remember the forum going down for a while, but I wasn't too active within it then so I didn't know it was actually spot that caused it!! Were they trying to nix it all together? ...if you're allowed to say. Also, the IP address thing freaks me out. I feel like their big brother arms reach so far that it's a matter of time before they can just see my IP address on here, know who I am, see what else I post anywhere else, and fire me for irrelevant irrational things.

Without getting too specific, because I'm sure I'm the only goddamn person this would happen to... I was put on a CA for something said to another team member on Facebook that had NOTHING to do with spot. It didn't have to do with guests or anything illegal or immoral either. It was perceived that I was being mean to someone who happens to be my best friend... and that I could be creating a hostile work environment. Despite the fact that my BEST FRIEND would have been willing to come in and say "it's an inside joke!!!"... official write-up anyways. Spot... get your nose out of my BUTT!!

This is absurd. One of our GSAs straight up threatened a (nonspecific) guest on Facebook and I don't think anything ever happened to her.

commiecorvus, I remember the forum going down for a while, but I wasn't too active within it then so I didn't know it was actually spot that caused it!!
Were they trying to nix it all together? ...if you're allowed to say. Also, the IP address thing freaks me out.
I feel like their big brother arms reach so far that it's a matter of time before they can just see my IP address on here, know who I am, see what else I post anywhere else, and fire me for irrelevant irrational things.

No, there is only so far we will let them go.
Last time we got taken by surprise and it was easier to just give over some of the forum so we could hang on to the important stuff, namely your identities.
Next time it's going to be a bit more "Here's the address to the Electronic Frontier Foundation".
There is a limit to how much one can be pushed about.
Like I said be circumspect and the company isn't going to care.

I'm mainly on FB to keep contact with my daughters and their families, and some other relatives. I've also managed to find some old friends on their. But that's about it.

If you're friends with people at work on Facebook, and there are more that you trust than others, create two groups of people in your settings, Target Friends and Target Acquaintances or Trusted Target and Non-Trusted Target. That way when you post something, you can select to include only Target Friends or Trusted, or you can excluded Acquaintances or Non-Trusted. Or you can put all your Target coworkers in a group, and if you wanna bitch about your job to people outside Target, select to exclude the coworker group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back