Archived softlines clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

YourPPTL

Seen and done it all
Does anyone know if we can put clothing on a further markdown before the company does. Say we have four z racks of men's shirts is there a way to sell them at 50% if the scanning at 30% to get rid of them. My etl and stl would like to do this if possible.

Does anyone know if we can put clothing on a further markdown before the company does. Say we have four z racks of men's shirts is there a way to sell them at 50% if the scanning at 30% to get rid of them. My etl and stl would like to do this if possible.

I would put them on a high capacity rack (or 2 if you have enough). If the were merchandized well, individual styles/colors grouped together and sized they would move faster. Clearance signage would help as well, of course.

At my store (and others I have noticed) a lot of the items are able to be further marked down via the My Device in the price change setting. Price change just really doesn't get over to softlines as often as the other side of the store. Talk with your leaders and see if you can grab a printer with clearance stickers in and start scanning the items.

If you really have a large amount of high capacity racks, see if you can find a way for your signing person to hang the big red clearance circles on the ceiling to draw attention to the racks. Moving them to the front also helps, but it will go against every adjacency, so try to wait until the end of one adjacency when you have more flexibility.

Yeah I would mysupport if you can. This does happen in softlines where a basics like just doesn't sell but you got a large stock of them. Most of the time you just have to kind of grit your teeth and keep it well merchandised and hope the poor velocity of sales pushes it to be marked down faster in the system. I've noticed in the past the mark downs happen faster if the product is just selling poorly district wide. If it's just your store, well...

At my store (and others I have noticed) a lot of the items are able to be further marked down via the My Device in the price change setting. Price change just really doesn't get over to softlines as often as the other side of the store. Talk with your leaders and see if you can grab a printer with clearance stickers in and start scanning the items.

If you really have a large amount of high capacity racks, see if you can find a way for your signing person to hang the big red clearance circles on the ceiling to draw attention to the racks. Moving them to the front also helps, but it will go against every adjacency, so try to wait until the end of one adjacency when you have more flexibility.
This is exactly what she did. She was fired. Onesie twosies are fine. All sizes and colors of like items, entire racks...will get the person signed into the my device fired.

I would Mysupport and see if they can send a further markdown faster. That way it will be in your workload and no chance of getting fired for forcing a markdown.

Not that I aware of. Just read in the May Play Book says that some items may now go to 50% off (no 15% or 30%) and then go salvage a few weeks later (no 70%).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back