Archived Softlines TL pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

I'm currently a team member who is holding a 'team lead' position while my TL is out for the next 11 weeks. I'm going to get a raise and all that jazz but I'm wondering if this is something/somewhere I want to work. My last job was at a big box home improvement store, lower tier management and made $16 an hour an I'm wondering if the money is right with target. I was hired as seasonal at $8.00 an hour ( what a joke!!) What am I in for? What do you guys make? Where do you live? How long have you been with the company? Thanks!!

Reactions: red
There is no way you're getting any of the information you asked for... at least not specifics. I live in a somewhat urban area, make more than you mentioned, and i've been with the company for less than a year.

I'm not sure how raises are going to be now since AE'12 dropped TLs starting paygrade from 13 to 11, but previously a TL promotion would be $3 more than PG 3/5 (i.e. cashier / salesfloor).

Thanks for the responses. I know not everyone is willing to post what they make for whatever reason. I'm just not sure if I want to make Target my career if it's really not going to pay well in the long run. I love my store, the team is great but seriously 8 bucks isn't gonna cut it, and to be honest 10 bucks isn't either. That's insane!

If you get promoted to TL, you are going to be a PG11. That's the new starting PG for TM's promoted within to TL. The PG 11 starts @ $11.25/hr. I personally don't think it's worth all the stress, but it does give you steady hours. TL promotions used to start at PG13, but that changed earlier this year.

If you get promoted to TL, you are going to be a PG11. That's the new starting PG for TM's promoted within to TL. The PG 11 starts @ $11.25/hr. I personally don't think it's worth all the stress, but it does give you steady hours. TL promotions used to start at PG13, but that changed earlier this year.

sounds about right. you're gonna be making less than tm that have been there a good while too.

I live in a small town and am at an ULV store. Our min. wage/starting salary is only $7.25. I make more than that with merit, but our pay grades our much lower, I think pg11 is about $10.

It's taken me 6 years and promoting all the way to a senior team lead in a ulv store where I'm lod twice a week to make close to hat you were making at your other job...however I have been head hunted to manage another smaller retail outfit and they weren't going to pay me any more than a make now and it would be salaried and without the 4 weeks of vacation I've finally earned. So it's a double edge sword...

It's taken me 6 years and promoting all the way to a senior team lead in a ulv store where I'm lod twice a week to make close to hat you were making at your other job...however I have been head hunted to manage another smaller retail outfit and they weren't going to pay me any more than a make now and it would be salaried and without the 4 weeks of vacation I've finally earned. So it's a double edge sword...

Wow! You would be making at 17.00 at my store.

Wow! You would be making at 17.00 at my store.

$17/hr is on the extremely LOW end for a Sr.TL... A regular TL PG15 is in that range, a sr.tl should be closer to $20/hr

$17/hr is on the extremely LOW end for a Sr.TL... A regular TL PG15 is in that range, a sr.tl should be closer to $20/hr

It May depend on the area you live in.
Pg15 is regular srtl - salesfloor, etc.
Pg17 is a specialized srtl - food, ap, etc.

If you store just hired you as a seasonal, and they have you doing your TL's duties while they are on leave. You might be seeing some promising times.

Just to warn you Target is very thrifty...they love giving extra duties without the pay or title. And if you got $16 an hour at your last job, then Target is not going to be your place then unless you are put on the fast track on becoming a TL or ETL.

At a lot of stores, your pay will cap about $2-3 after your starting wage. Then only way you are going to get a raise is if you get an outstanding yearly review and will be hard to get.

And benefits have been slashed.

It all depends on your store,volume, and of course if they are generous. TL's now mainly start at PG11 however if the person has high potential or really good experience they can be offered the PG13 TL position, many of the higher volume stores in my area are hiring PG13 Leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back