Someone help me understand

Okay I was scheduled from 10am to 3. They asked me to stay over. So I took my lunch at 3. Am I going to get in trouble? I am in ohio

That depends on the state you are at . We have to take our lunch before 5 hours . But some states are at 6hrs . If you are a 5hr state, then you might be in trouble . Pls ask your HR .

Did you clock in at 9:59, 10, or 10:01? Did you clock out for lunch at 2:57 or 3:05? I've hit compliance a few times. Usually, I just "forget to clock back in" from my meal and let HR "fix it" or I'll do a punch correction, if I have the time. You can check your punches in Kronos. Don't stress over it, but don't do it again. If you are in a 6 hour state, nevermind, you're fine.

Correct. You need to punch our BEFORE you hit your 5th or 6th hour. You missed it by a minute.

I always wonder that , is our HR allowed to do punch correction if we hit compliance by a couple minutes or so?!

In my store they don't schedule people five hour shifts just because of this reason. Usually it's four and a half or six hours. Connecticut is a five and half hour state but we follow the five-hour rule.

Technically Ohio has no rules about meal breaks for anyone over 18, but I believe Target mandates stores in states without meal requirements follow the five-hour rule.

I think it is 5 hours for minors in Ohio. I looked it up the other day, but I don't live there.

Back