Archived Spot Announces 8PM opening (Confirmed with Associated Press)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our schedule was put up today. I'm working 8-1:30am Thanksgiving in the backroom. What exactly will I be doing?

Then I have to come back in at 9:30 to cashier ugh.

Probably backstocking leftover pulls from the tm's who came in to do the pulls earlier and then pulling to refill the floor after the rush.

What a difference between Black Friday in the US and Canada

Here in Canada our store is only open 7am-11pm on Black Friday

Our schedule isn't up yet. And I checked maxi self serve just to see and apparently it isn't even made yet? It would be nice to know for I can plan. But knowing my store it won't go up until Monday or Wednesday. -_-

2nd yr in a row pulling an overnight but this time I'm split between FA & SB (last yr was just FA).
Then I come back in 6 hrs & close.
Who did I crap on for this?

I don't work on Thursday at all. I come in at 10 am on Friday. I couldn't believe it. Then I checked who was opening on Thursday. Our team is so weak for the opening. Just two people in the backroom who have done it before; everyone else is new. As opposed to six vets we had last year. That's gonna be interesting.

Working 12AM - 8AM as instocks.. interesting. I did instocks last year but during the afternoon and that was mostly working pulls and making stuff look presentable. Wonder what I'll be doin this year.

As of right now, I'm just 4am to noon on Friday. That will likely change as my GSTL is pissed that his schedule got torn to shreds. He wanted me opening guest services so he could not have to worry about that area at all. There's still a strong person back there, but not what he wanted. So it's still up in the air as we wait to talk to another TM and for me to decide if I want more hours.

They fucked me over that week hours wise. I was so thrilled to see they had given me 41.5 hours...then I noticed that I had a soft lines shift for 7pm to 1030am (15.5 hours). Once I subtracted out that obvious non-shift, I was down to 26 hours and am basically left begging for hours while I watch my coworkers be scheduled for overtime. I'll complain to my ETL-hr for getting the shaft on hours two weeks in a row, but I know that will do no good. But I have to try.

I wonder how many no call no shows or callouts we will have for Black Friday. Most of the seasonal staff is fired after Black Friday anyway why do they care

I hope that's not the case, because that wouldn't be good for people who really need this job who was just hired a week ago like me...

I must be on someone's good side... not working Thanksgiving night at all and only pulling a 9am-5:30pm GSTL shift on Black Friday. I even volunteered to work a split!

Has anyone seen the Black Friday Maps? If they're accurate, we're putting items in weird places this year. Ticketed TVs in frozen foods, anyone? I think i'll take a stroll through lingerie and check out the small appliances. :music2:

Has anyone seen the Black Friday Maps? If they're accurate, we're putting items in weird places this year. Ticketed TVs in frozen foods, anyone? I think i'll take a stroll through lingerie and check out the small appliances. :music2:
You best is to get at spot a little early & check where every thing is.

i'm working 7pm-5am and then im suppose to have the rest of the weekend off. Some of the team leads want to switch it and have us work either saturdays or sundays during 4th quarter but i'm fighting that. I'm the only GSTL in a high volume store, i work OT every single week and I just want my two days off in a row!

I got 4pm-12:30am Friday. Not sure how to react. I don't really care, think it'll be a mess but dead? Then 5-12pm on Saturday.

Last edited:

The Apple products (iPad, iPod, etc.) are going where our apple table in pfresh is. As my TL said, apples for apples lol

I'm working 7:45p on Thanksgiving until 3:30a. Then on Black Friday I'm working 6:30 to midnight. My husband is really mad about it and wants me to call off. Somehow I just knew he would react like that. Well, I'm not the only one working those kind of hours. I don't want to do that to the others working.

Oh, I will be working 7pm-3:30 am Thursday, and then on Friday working 3:30 pm til midnight. It's not too bad, can still eat an early dinner with family. A fair amount of people have been very grumpy since the schedule came out though and it is making work somewhat unpleasant...

I get a lovely 7:30pm to 6am shift on Thanksgiving night/Friday morning. I'm going to be soo tired! :lazy: :wacko:

apples for apples that's so clever, hmm take a picture of that and post it here I would luve to see that.
At my store we will have pallets of TVs in softlines near the cash registers so guest can grab and go quickly.
AP wants them in and out as quick as possible.
Black friday shoppers are NOT our regualr guests. So I guess we do not have to treat them like regular guests either, lol.

As soon as store employees (and all of society for that matter) starts Unionizing, the sooner employees will have RIGHTS and therefore not be forced to work on holidays! And when they do, they'll be paid DOUBLE TIME =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back